Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

PM Dr. has reffered me to an inpatient Pain Management Clinic

Comments

• Frannie thank you for your post ,it was just what I needed. I'm new here and am going to a pain managemnet clinic on friday. I will put my hands up to finding it very hard to pace myself ,to let go of what the old me could do and to getting very down about how little the new me can do. Of course thats a viscious circle,I get down,i loose motivation,feel like ive lost everything i enjoy and mope. I have lost a job that I loved and had done for the last 11 years,that was a big blow ! and ofcourse all my friends there,although i do try to see them every few months. The biggest thing for me is I have always been very physical,hands on,used to walk 5- 7 miles a day in my job,come home,do jobs round the house,visit gym for an hour 3 times a week,cycle,dig the garden for hours..and now..even walking a few hundred yards to the shop hurts and i have to slow right down,almost a shuffle :), I got myself an automactic car which helps,but even still a short drive will cause my pain to rise even with a cocyc cushion. So yes this is all realtively new to me and I am not very good at pacing,I'm terrible at it :) Your post has lifted my spirits and my stronger self has told my 'woe is me'self to stop whimpering and get on and do what I can.Here's to friday and hopefully Ill finally learn the art of pacing . Thank you Frannie.
    jan
  • Welcome to spine health. Glad to have you here, but sorry for your pain that brought you.

You might try starting a thread about yourself. What spinal issues do you have? I am thinking lumbar and or coccyx, as you mentioned the pillow. I deal with both of those issues myself.

Wishing you all the best on Friday. Ar. You going to an inpatient or outpatient pm clinic?

Look forward to hearing more from you

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • advertisement
  • Thank you Karen,I'm going as an out patient.
    I will try and find where to start a page ..compared to many I have minor probs :)
    jan
This discussion has been closed.