Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Baclofen for severe muscle spasms - experiences?

advertisement

Comments

• Hi guys. Just today I talked to my PM doctor regarding my Baclofen. Having severe spasms for years I have taken 40mg a day 10 mg in tha morning and afternoon and 20mg at note. For the past year my spasms have gotten worse and not much help from the Baclofen. today he told me we are going to try Valium as Valium is the best medication for spasms. I guess only time will tell, but I did not get much relief from Baclofen! Good luck sweetie!
  • This is an old thread so I don't know if anybody's still following it but I'll post anyway. I have been on Baclofen for two and a half years. I've been taking 30mg each 4 times a day and I keep having spasms in one leg and my back. My doctor has talked about switching me to flexeril. Might that work better or would it be a bad move?
  • advertisement
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
    When my mother passed away my PCP put me on Xanax and stopped my muscle relaxer at the time which that month was baclofen. The Xanax worked wonders on my spasms but had too many side effects so we switched to Valium, I get excellent results from the valium
    Susan
  • JTBukovsly, I switched from flexeril to baclofen, because (according to my doctor), baclofen is more powerful.
    Compressed Discs/DDD - L2/L3, L3/L4
    Major Herniation - L4/L5
    Bulging Disc - L5/S1
    "no healthy 24 year old's back should look like this without a major trauma"
    MicroDisc L4/L5 Nov 7, 2013
advertisement