Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

So why me God?

advertisement

Comments

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    Sue, no I haven't worked since 11/5/2002. I fully intended to go back to work. but the surgery was a failure, as were all of the rest of them. The jury is out on this one. But I'm not feeling to good about it right now.
    I was supposed to be in p.t. But the Dr. won't let me start until my recovery is far enough along. He says this will be a very long recovery for me. And to just be patient. Obviously that's not one of my traits!
    The surgeon told me that for a full recovery it would probably be like Tony's, 2-3 years.
    I see my pain management Dr. on this coming Monday. And I'll be asking for a change in meds. As I've been on this (witches brew) to long and it's just not verry effective anymore. I think I've been taking the same thing for too long. And I'm starting to have some scary side effects.
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
    I hope youre right. And probably are. Because that was all that was meant. Thanks for your continued support.
    Jim
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • advertisement
  • Yea, Jim I probably went a little far on that one, my own confusion and questions kind of had a mind of thier own. I myself am not in a great place either and ask often to my mom, what did i do to deserve this, she answers, nothing. And I tell her I really dont think I did anything to deserve it and its not really a question but a statement of despair and desperation on my part cause I dont know what to do. I have pity parties as much as the next man on here, but so many times I go back to a thread and read what I wrote and say man that was a bad day, that is not representative of me or I need to get my crap together. Sometimes just saying all the crazy, stupid, pitiful things I feel and getting that toxin out helps.
    Herniated T6-7, multiple herniations in cervical, tears in T5-T8. Stenois at levels and smorls nodes from thoracic thru lumbar
    I fully understand. And I truly think that, that is what this place called Spine Health is for.
    I really think that Susan's (r.i.p.) quote (in my signature line) is true. I hope your having a better day. I think I am.
    Jim
  • I do hope things are better for you today. Your pain from this last surgery has been extreme hasnt it? I am so sorry you have had to suffer like this.

I am having a flare up today. Rain and snow headed this way tonight!! Grrrr Weather changes always brings on a flare up for me. But I have the comfort of knowing that by tonight or morning this pain will have dissappered. Sadly you do not have that comfort. How I wish I could pass some of my pain relief to everyone on here. If I but could, you and Tony would be at the top of the list!!

Hoping for better days for you my friend.
    Patsy W

• advertisement
  • Patwhite,

Having just that morning you wake up pain free is a bigger thing than I could imagine. It was disappointing to step out of bed and feel the stab, but lying down I used to be pain free in morning and there was alot of hope that came with that.
    Herniated T6-7, multiple herniations in cervical, tears in T5-T8. Stenois at levels and smorls nodes from thoracic thru lumbar
  • I have to agree with anelsen15. I did once believe. As for my pain probably deserve the pain. But when I see all the other suffering. I have to step back and ask how this God can see it and do nothing.

Jim I do hope you find some relieve.

Jim
    Thank you for that. But I'm just happy that you no longer have that savage constant leg pain. The weather is playing havoc with you arthritis?
    Anelsen, I used to wake up pain free or close to it.From laying down. Untill a little later as the day progressed, so did the pain. Now when I wake up, I can feel it as soon as I start to stir. My feet don't even have to touch the floor! I guess I had it pretty good and didn't know it.
    Jim, I don't have the answer. But some day we all will. I hope you have a good day.
    Jim
  • Same here Jim, I really miss that morning releif. It was a devestating game though to get it and then stand up and day heads downhill, but I should have relized how much I would miss it. I always thought if I could get rid of whatever causes pain when get up I could feel like this all day. I miss it, the hope seemed small then but it would be big now.
  • Why me? That's a question whose answer we'll never know, at least not in this life (and assuming there is another), a question we rarely ask when good things happen to us, but that's another topic.

Genetics, accidents, lifestyles may give some sort of explanation, but I'm sure there could be found people in similar conditions who are pain free. I read somewhere that if you take random people with no back pain and apply MRIs to them you'll find all kind of spinal problems that remain symptom free.

On the other hand, the idea of a God who punishes or rewards us because we do what he wants or do what he doesn't want repels me. What difference would that make with any vengeful neighbour we may happen to have.

Why me? Most likely there is no answer because there is no reason. We have no other choice than acceptance.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.