Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Do I need to get an Empi Select Tens Unit?

advertisement

Comments

• suggestion...probably a computer looks for web sites ...alot of places do that and don't allow email addresses or web addresses. Chronic pain forum on facebook is one place I THINK you can...you can stay here and reference something there I THINK..... Another way you can use spaces....so the computer won't pick it up. leave www off htt*p and all of that...use * inside of the words so the computer won't detect it. OR go to facebook chronic pain...I'm 'lynne' there...too bad haven't been there in months...they are nice. I like it here too...just no time. Life has been beating me up. I came here...looking for empi's number with google....they have the soft GEL pads that I need...the plastic ones pull on my skin and I have nerve pain...sensitive pain. Well I hope this helps. ANYway that is why I use empi...I need the soft gel pads. And my insurance pays for most of it. Too bad alot of docs and patients don't know about it or the topical creams that have ketamine, amitriptaline, norflex and other things for that 'skin' pain...you all get what I mean I think. The skin hates to be touched.... ANYway good luck to you all. Lynne here and on facebook. Say Lynne sent you and say hi to all there....wonderful people...just no time!!! cheesh. Take care.
  • whats in a name...msjan here and lynne there......long story...have had both names. ANYway FB knows me as lynne.
  • advertisement
  • I heard from my pt person who got the tens for me...that you must turn it OFF after 30 minutes. What will happen? heart attack? RSVP I really don't know....but it scares me and how long do you have to LEAVE it off before starting again? It does relax spasmatic muscles SOMEtimes for some amount of or degree.......
  • msjan said:
    I heard from my pt person who got the tens for me...that you must turn it OFF after 30 minutes. What will happen? heart attack? RSVP I really don't know....but it scares me and how long do you have to LEAVE it off before starting again? It does relax spasmatic muscles SOMEtimes for some amount of or degree.......
    Mine came programmed to shut off at 20 minutes. I was told to use it for an hour at a time, up to 3X a day. There are specific instructions on where NOT to place the pads.

I have a Flex-Tens made by EMSI, model T03122034. My car insurance was hit for $1400 for it, but I saw them way cheaper online. I'm currently in a battle with my no-fault carrier, all of a sudden after 2 years they don't want to pay for it.

LT

Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
advertisement