Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Only Have Pain In Feet

brokenbrianbbrokenbrian Posts: 69
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Chronic Pain
Ive had 2 discectomys. The first one failed right away and after the second I felt really good until I went back to work. After I was back to work I had weeks where the pain seemed to go up and down. But lately it seems like it hasnt been changing. Its been 6 months since my last surgery and at times I feel almost as bad as before.

The weird thing is I really dont have any back or leg pain. Its just in the feet, and I cant stand it. It almost feels like theres a nail stuck in my foot. My dr doesnt seem to think its sciatic pain, he thinks that it just your normal foot pain from being on your feet throughout the day. Its not, its nerve pain.

Anyways he released me from his care. I am not taking any pain/nerve meds because he thinks I need to wait it out awhile longer. Also I did have an MRI awhile back and no reherniation and minimal scare tissue.

I am at a loss. I have no idea what to do. I have tried all conservative treatments, 2 surgerys, and still in pain. I really cant deal with this much longer. I realize I have to be patient and that nerves take time to heal but at 6 months out of surgery I dont see why I have the nail in foot pain when there is no nerve root inpingement.

Has anyone had similar pains or can anyone give me some ideas. I really dont want to start all over with new Drs to find one that will atleast try to search for a reason that I am in pain. My Dr was such a nice guy, but it seems like after they do thier job they just dont care anymore.
advertisement

Comments

• I forgot. I have an annular tear in my L5/S1. But no back pain, I have researched this online but havent really found a cut and dry answer. But could the annular tear be the source of my ongoing foot pain?
  • I have a coworker who has only pain in her feet as well. She has had it for years and describes it as feeling like she is constantly walking on nails. I know she has had a number of tests as well and has not had anything remarkable show up in any of them. She tried accupuncture as well and something to rearrange her "chi" but found no relief from these either.

Good luck in your quest for answers! Hang in there!

Julie
  • advertisement
  • I have a coworker who has only pain in her feet as well. She has had it for years and describes it as feeling like she is constantly walking on nails. I know she has had a number of tests as well and has not had anything remarkable show up in any of them. She tried accupuncture as well and something to rearrange her "chi" but found no relief from these either.

Good luck in your quest for answers! Hang in there!

Julie
  • my job have an order that we should wear high-heeled shoes for most of time , so my feet feel uncomfortable most time ! and I need the protection of my feet very much !
  • Have you thought about seeing a podiatrist, maybe the problem is in your feet.
  • advertisement
  • Well the weird thing about it is that it is definently nerve pain. I also have some custom made shoe inserts that are very nice and they were not cheap. Im wondering if I should try to get an EMG nerve test, maybe that could tell me something. Also if I do anything that I should like bend the wrong way or lift something thats somewhat heavy the pain in my feet will increase. Kinda like sciatica gets worse if you bend the wrong way or lift.

I know that its nerve pain I just need to figure out why and what is causing it. I guess most likely its nerve damage or scare tissue?

Brian
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.