Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone heard from Tony?

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Has anyone heard from Tony, (backache99). He hasn't posted in quite a while.
Jim
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
advertisement

Comments

• I sent Tony a pm yesterday and heard back from him today. Maybe try sending him a pm? I too saw that he hadn't posted in awhile so checked on him.

Hope you are doing okay in your recovery. We will all get there,slow but sure.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • we have changed Internet suppliers and had some problems .and unfortunately since i started pool walking my feet have swollen up and they are very painful so i am back to resting again .will try again monday !
    tony x
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • advertisement
  • That your feet swelled up...has that happened before?

Glad to hear that you are going to go back and give it a try! I ventured out of my house for the first time last Tuesday...went terribly and paid fort all evening and night. I then rested and tried it again another day. It went better :) So good for you Tony going back on Monday.

How are your feet doing now?

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    I was having that problem, still am to a lessor extent. The Dr. said try to keep my feet elevated. And at night, try sleeping on your back with a few pillows under my feet. The weird thing was that my feet and legs itched from my lower calf to the top of my feet.
    It is better now.
    I was afraid you fell off of the Earth! =))
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Glad to hear you got to walking the pool, Not glad about foot swolen,
    If they have a steam room where pool is at always feels great,

Steam room or sauna room always boosts the body healing and ammune system,

They, are Grrrrrrrrrrreat!
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • advertisement
  • they would be phoning the paramedics ..i can't stand the heat {never could } i have been very good ..baby steps ..i have only been in the 12.5 meter pool walking and just a few lights .then drive home ..i am out of the house for about a half hour at the most .so i am not sure what my feet as they are .i will as the consultant when i see him .of the doctor if it gets much worse.everything works ok .{peeing ok /not having any breathing problems} just a bit annoyed that something i like is making me feel worse ..it was so nice to get in the water ..and the best bit was i had the pool to myself .so lets see what Monday brings .
    tony
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • I cant stand the dry heat myself, But the moist heat gets in to the muscles and breaks up a lot of the stiffness which reduces pain,

Peeing ok? You had the pool to yourself and you pee in the pool,?
    See you do like warm water, Lol. Git-ir-done

If you can make the pool walking a dailey activity and walk more a litle each day, hopefuly that will help get things back in order and help the healing,

The muscles hurt any time i went swiming but i will take the muscle burn any day over the nerve pain,

Best of luck dude on your recovery,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
advertisement