Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Anyone hear of or using "AdaptiveStm with RestoreSensor" stim?

advertisement

Comments

• Gosh, this process does take forever! So excited for you! I have applied for same and am waiting. Please do let us know how you are doing and what the "test" is really like, for you! Saying a prayer and sending best wishes. Hang in there!
    MJMcDevitt said:
    :)))
    Was advised today that my SCS trial will be on May 31st! Yea!

Will let you know what happens!

Matt
  • I will, thanks!

Matt
  • advertisement
  • :''( ~X(
    Got a letter from the insurance company today saying that the implant test was denied. :?? . I called the doctor and they said they were working on an appeal and that I should also call them. WTF. I have had 2 surgeries including a failed fusion and now they denied me, wonderful.

Matt
  • Just keep at it, don't give up. They're really hoping you will, so don't give them that satisfaction. For example, even though I couldn't walk, my insurance kept denying my doctor's prescription request for a wheelchair! It took months and months of back and forth fighting between my doctor and the insurance company. They eventually figured out that we were never going to give in, and they finally approved it. You wouldn't believe some of the things written on my denial. Most notably was their list of my many issues. They added a new one I had never heard of...they said I have tearfulness syndrome. (WTH?!) Just goes to show insurance companies are in the business of making money, they don't have a clue about you medically.

Which brings me to my next point. The most important factor here, like it or not, is your doctor. It'll be up to you to make sure they stay with it and don't drop the ball. They need to be aggressive in their position that the Stim is medically necessary. You already know the longer it takes, the more pain you'll be in, so don't worry about being a PITA and be your own advocate by making sure they continue to appeal without unnecessary delays. I wish you the best, and hope to soon hear that it's not only been approved, but that you're scheduled for the trial!

Good luck.
  • Insurance is all about saving money, I am sure your dr can get it aproved as long as you stay on them,

Good luck,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • advertisement
  • One of the reasons for the denial was that there was not a surgical consult. I do have a consult with my surgeon that suggests a 6 level fusion with only a 30% chance of ANY pain relief. Don't know if the pain management doctor didn't include that or not. Still waiting for a copy of their appeal. ~X(

Matt
  • =D> Insurance appeal was approved!

I went yesterday and got the trial done. They wouldn't do IV sedation because I suffer with sleep apena. So I got 10mg of valium and a 5mg percocet. After they started inserting the the leads I told the doctor that he just threw a great valium high right out the window. It was excrutiating. But I kept saying to myself that this was going to work.

Well, so far so good. I took a walk this morning around the block - twice - WITHOUT USING MY CANE. Still had a little bit of pain but at least a 40% reduction in pain. And the permanent one is supposed to be even better. Can't wait!!! <:P <br />
    Matt
  • I'm so glad to hear you were able to walk without a cane! I miss walking. I am sorry your procedure caused so much pain however. I also had an extremely difficult time with my trial placement, and they did IV sedation for me. My doctor did decide not to use versed, and I remember every agonizing moment. Once I got the perm (which is the AdaptiveStim and I'm in love!) I demanded he do everything possible to keep me from remembering the surgery, and he did as I have zero recollection. My rep did say that I was a giddy talker the whole entire time until they put me out for the tunneling and pocket part. Demerol makes me blab like there is no tomorrow, and she said I was silly lol.

If you end up going the whole way for the perm Stim, how will they do so with your sleep apnea? I confess I have no real knowledge beyond the fact that my husband looks like a fighter pilot with his CPAP on. They must have some options that don't include voluntary torture! I'd hate to hear you had an amazingly successful trial but cannot experience the permanent one because they are too limited with anesthesia!!

But as a side note, I was told a successful trial is only deemed successful if relief is 50% or higher. Hope you end up with at least that, if not more.
  • :)))
    I have been having at least 50% relief. Today I went to church and had communion without my cane. I also did the dishes tonight without any pain. That usually kills me after 5 minutes.

Will see doctor on Tuesday. The Medtronics rep has been calling me everyday to see how I am doing. Guess he gets a commission.... :$

The surgical center said they couldn't give me IV sedation because they only have one operating room. If I had problems it would cause them to backup and effect other patients. They offered to reschedule to another center but I did't want to wait. HOWEVER when I got there at 3:45 PM I found out I was the last patient of the day, so why couldn't I get IV sedation??? ~X(

Matt
  • Can't remember the last time I was able to take communion without pain. Talk about a miracle! As I am having the "test" next Wed (6/13) I am immensely interested in your recovery. And on a more personal basis, am hoping relief for you and all our "spiney" friends! Hang tough. Kathy
    MJMcDevitt said:
    :)))
    I have been having at least 50% relief. Today I went to church and had communion without my cane. I also did the dishes tonight without any pain. That usually kills me after 5 minutes.

Will see doctor on Tuesday. The Medtronics rep has been calling me everyday to see how I am doing. Guess he gets a commission.... :$

The surgical center said they couldn't give me IV sedation because they only have one operating room. If I had problems it would cause them to backup and effect other patients. They offered to reschedule to another center but I did't want to wait. HOWEVER when I got there at 3:45 PM I found out I was the last patient of the day, so why couldn't I get IV sedation??? ~X(

Matt
advertisement