Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

A debate in my own bent mind - body .. Neckie vs. Backie

advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    edited 07/11/2012 - 10:05 AM
    There are times I feel that we are all in a circus now. :(

Regards and hope,

D
  • ...I really think that having lumbar problems is worse than cervical. I've had them both, of course, and although I have known problems to keep an eye on with my cervical, the problems in my lumbar have increased so much in the last year - since I've had a job.

I had x-rays in June 2011 to check the hardware and everything looked beautiful. I just had x-rays again and you wouldn't believe the difference. Where did my L1/2 disc go? There's nothing there...why do I have such severe spondylolisthesis when I bend forward that I can actually feel it with my hand when I bend. Then I just had facet joint injections at L3/4 due to facet, stenosis and instability problems, which of course lasted a whole week.= ($390 bucks down the toidy). I wasn't having nerve pain a couple of months ago in my legs but now am having problems in the front of my right thigh and buttock.

This will all eventually lead to a 5-lvl fusion, not if but when, beginning at T-10 and ending at L3/4 (one level above my current fusion) because if you fuse L1/2, the above disc will go out very fast so you have to do those, and you can't just leave L2/3 hanging out in the middle between two fusions for the same reason.

So, I can honestly believe that for most with both problems, there's so much more than can go wrong in too many areas in the lumbar than cervical. There's a limited space up there, but so much more opportunity in our lumbar spines that can keep just going up and down.

So there. Ththththth.
    Cathie
  • advertisement