Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

UPDATE *** YAY *** I'm back to work on Monday!!!!

Comments

• Sue:

Going back to work is some what like the first day of school. Life is funny.

Pace yourself. Only you know what your limitations are.

Good communications with your employer are so important through this process. Don't hesitate to tell them how you feel.

And, thanks for keeping a secret.

My situation - I am scheduled for a discogram on April 10. As I understand it, I will not be provided any anesthesia so I am mentally preparing for a few minutes in Hell! Revision surgery or extending the fusion a few levels higher will be determined from that test. I'll post the outcome on the forum.

Enjoy your first day at school.
  • Hi Sue :H ,

I am so happy to see YOU so excited, but most of all feeling good =D> :D !! That's wonderful. I don't know how many times within the past 4 years I have told my husband I would gladly trade in this horrific battle with pain for my job (on disability now). Wow! Sick world when you Wish you COULD work, hey? :))( Just kidding.

Now ... as all your other "Parents" have told you, please be careful and just ease into it. No time to backward now, girl. You are very lucky to have an employer that DOES understand that you are a person and not a robot. Keep us posted.
    Rassy

Rassy's Story
    Under House Arrest Without the Ankle Bracelet :-)
    The remarks I make are strictly my own based on my personal experiences.
  • advertisement
  • Best of luck to you on your first day back. I can totally relate as I am a nurse and was faced with the decision of what to do career-wise, after having my surgery and subsequently being diagnosed with AS. All you can do is try. At this point, try not to even think about it not working out. Go in with a positive attitude and take it as it comes. Be aware of your limitations and do not push yourself to do anything that you are not comfortable with. I ended up switching careers and was fortunate enough to find a desk job as a telephone triage nurse. I feel that everything happens for a reason, and I feel truly blessed with the way things have worked out. I have been at my job for nearly 8 months now, and I absolutely LOVE what I do. I work weekend program, which is about the only thing that sucks about it. However, I look forward to going into work and enjoy being apart of the working world again. I can relate to you, as I was out of work for 10 months after injuring my back. It was a difficult time and going back to work was a bit nerve-wracking. But I am so glad I did it and I look forward to many more years in my present position.
This discussion has been closed.