Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Cervical Surgery Tomorrow

kbswingerkkbswinger Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello, I am new to your community. Although I had an L5-S1 ALIF several years ago, I am now facing a C5-C6 and C6 to C7 ACDF. As a matter of fact, my surgery is tomorrow. I hope to learn what I might expect in the days to come. I look forward to getting to know each of you.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi there,
    Im new as well, and wanted to say hi and welcome you!
    I wish you all the best at surgery!
    Im having the same levels done as you, on May 7th.
    Do let me know of your experience and progress.

All the best,
    Vic
    Cause: car accident & genetics
    Effect: herniations C4-7, stenosis, osteoarthritis, myelopathy, neuropathy
    Non-invasive Treatment: everything under the sun
    Invasive Treatment: 2 level ACDF, C5 & C6, May 2012
    Moving Forward: SCS
  • Hi there,
    Im new as well, and wanted to say hi and welcome you!
    I wish you all the best at surgery!
    Im having the same levels done as you, on May 7th.
    Do let me know of your experience and progress.

All the best,
    Vic
    Cause: car accident & genetics
    Effect: herniations C4-7, stenosis, osteoarthritis, myelopathy, neuropathy
    Non-invasive Treatment: everything under the sun
    Invasive Treatment: 2 level ACDF, C5 & C6, May 2012
    Moving Forward: SCS
  • advertisement
  • My surgeon explained that I would be sore from the manipulation of the vertebra to accomplish the surgery. Afterwards, he told me that he had to clear out arthritis and bone spurs to even get the hardware in place. Sounds rough, huh? Well, now for the good news. Soreness is ALL I have experienced - no pain. I feel as though I have been lifting logs over my head. It's muscle soreness rather than any type of joint/bone discomfort. And, I don't even have to wear a cervical collar. There's just a bandage on the front of my neck that keeps the incision clean. I'd be happy to keep you posted, and best of luck to you on your up-coming surgery. Kb