Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

more problems after fusions

kbfarmboykkbfarmboy Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in New Member Introductions
In 2010 I had T-11,T-12, L-1,L-2,L3,L4,L5,S1and S2 fused and
rods and screws to stablize spine due to scolosis.I also had to have a blood patch after a spinal leak. I was diagnosised with scolosis, spinal stenois, and spondolysis..Just a few days ago I started having severe pains in my thighs and then the pain just start going up my sside into my back. Aside from the surgical nightmare of pain this was a close second- was awful. My GP sent me for an MRI just to make sure that nothing had broken, etc. I thought that just maybe after reading from your post I was maybe having a flare which yall describe as just terrible. Any way All fusions to L5 look ok, but now I have a bulge at L5 and the
way it was described to me S1,S2 were just sort of crumbling. I take Zanaflex, fentanyl 50 mg, percocet for
breakthrough pain. I have high blood pressure and also just
had a municus repair on my knee. Have to see my dr on April 23 and I so hope he does not suggest any surgery. I have tried epidurals but not help there can never seem to get
in the correct spot. Back problems are terrible, but they could be so much worse. I still have a full time job and am 60 years.
advertisement

Comments

• forgot to mention that I also had 2 cervical fusions in 2009. Found out about the scolosis when I was around 12. They use something called a Milwaukee brace. It did no good, but i wore it for about 2 years. Just did not seem to know what to do so they
    did nothing and told me to live with it. See where it got me. I am divorced so I am the only working person in my home all the childred are grown and gone-one RN one/RRT and one farmer!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you dropped in! i am sorry you are not feeling well and having chronic pain! i hope your doctor's appointment holds some promising news for you..please have a good look around the different forums and make yourself at home! stop by anytime! there is always a spiney around!!Jenny :)
  • advertisement
  • went to tmy dr. appt Friday. I saw him for about l l/2 minutes. never asked why I was there-never even
    touched me. Did show me on my x-ray where everything
    was fusing as it should be. Funny thing though I did not even have a x-ray made that day. Told him about my leg and back pain and he suggested that
    I remove hardware and he could look around to see what was wrong. Don't think so. I was Rushed out so quickly that the nurse handed me my purse because they had already put another patient in my room.. It all happened so quickly that
    I could not even thinkexcept when they tried to make me an appt for 6 mon I told them no. Now what do I do? Somehow I got the impression that maybe he has done something wrong and did not tell me.

• edited by tam as spam.
advertisement