Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Islandstylists update to Having a terrible day! Please help

advertisement

Comments

• After he came in and I told him I had severe tingling and numbness in all extremities, right down to my toes, he sent me for an MRI, of course by then I had three herniated disc, stenosis and other good stuff. The ortho still only prescribed tramadol until one day I went to office with the worst pain I ever had, finally I was prescribed Vicodin. Thanks to all of the drug seekers and DRUG DEALERS we people who are in pain suffer

That's terrible Joe. It's really sad that you were treated that way, I know how you felt. And it is a shame that most dr's look at everyone with the same skewed vision.

I will have an appt with a new md Friday and will update you after. Wish me luck. Thanks so much for your great advice and I wish you total success on your upcoming surgery.
    Missy, 1 level ACDF 
    Degenerative Disc Disease.
    Sciatica.
    Chronic Pain.
  • Good Luck Missy, here is a poem for you, I'm making this up as I go.

Missy we know you are in pain
    and hate being treated the same
    after your appt on Friday
    Hopefully you can say its my day
    if not sent to a neuro
    say you will pay in euro
    relief soon we hope comes to you
    a person this should not go thru
    finally tell the new dr not to give you a pass
    for all of us will kick his/ her ass
    Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.
  • advertisement
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    mother to go to the E.R. with you one more time. And be your advocate.
    Maybe the second time around You can get their attention.
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Love it! Especially the ass kickin part.Lol!
    Thanks for cheering me up Joe. : )
    Missy, 1 level ACDF 
    Sciatica.
    Chronic Pain.
  • Missy,

With your new gp, do not have him/her write out referral as for a 2nd opinion! =; This is for a surgical consultation. image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" />

Also bring your mom and any other ammo(figuratively speaking) you need. My DH went with me & it helped.

I am thinking of you and even borrowed the old thread to rant myself yesterday. We all need to get it out to people who understand. My DH is great, but doesn't understand what the chronic pain & disbility does to our psyche. I get that here.

I am off today to the dog park since it looks to be dry(PNW) and even maybe a few sun breaks. :D I have a 100lb malmute/lab mix, who fortunately is great on the leash for the walk in, and runs around and tires himself out, while I walk around the perimeter for my exercise, and tire myself out. lol

Please know, we all keep you in our hearts.

xoxo
    Dee
    PS-Joe I luved the poem.

• advertisement
  • I am also from Canada, and have waited anywhere from 3 weeks to 8 months for my referals.

Hi Karen, yes, I too have had to wait longer for surgeries in the past. And if it wasn't so serious I wouldn't be opposed to the wait.
    But it is supposed to go in order of triage. And the 1st and only ns I saw said I needed surgery right away due to the marked compression of spinal cord and progressive myelopathy.

It does really help to have your gp or other refering surgeon on your side.

Yes, it certainly does.

I see you have gone through so much with your back and I hope you are doing well. How are you feeling after your adr?

Thanks for being so sweet in replying to me, it means a lot.

Hugs.
    Missy, 1 level ACDF 
    Sciatica.
    Chronic Pain.
  • I will definitely go the advocate route if I am not seen soon.

As far as inquiring about wait times on my own how it works here in Canada is if you dont have a referral in to see that ns they won't even speak to the patient at all.

Everything is supposed to go through my gp.

So I guess I just answered my own question, maybe In addition to my gp I should see another gp for a new referral.

What do you think?
    Missy, 1 level ACDF 
    Sciatica.
    Chronic Pain.
  • I like the suggestion of finding an advocate to push things along or finding a GP who takes your condition with urgency.

Thanks hon, I have made an appt with another gp for this Friday and I will update you after it's over.

And hugs right back atcha Lili. I love to hear from you and hope you're having a great day!
    Missy, 1 level ACDF 
    Sciatica.
    Chronic Pain.
  • I think you came up with a great idea, there is no reason you should have to stay with the same gp.

Yes I think this is going to be the only way to try and get things going. I have allready made an appt with another gp for Friday morning so I will let you know how that goes.

I am awaiting a cervical facet joint injection in my neck on Friday. I have to have 3 injections.
    This will b my second set. Then if all goes well I will b having a facet joint procedure called RF Lesions.
    Seems I have Cervical Facet Syndrome and It is painful!!! I was so active before all this. So I am here right with you, wanting my life back very badly

I will pray that you get your life back Susie. You are a lovely person and I want the best for you. I hope your facet procedures go well. I will be thinking of you at your appt Friday while I am at mine.
    Please give me an update after it's done.

Hugs.
    Missy, 1 level ACDF 
    Sciatica.
    Chronic Pain.
  • I don't know if you would be able to do this or not but if it would be in any way possible for you to come down to the states for treatment I can give you all the information for my N.S that I am seeing

Wow, that's so very kind of you, I will be seeing another gp this Friday and hopefully I can see a ns soon. But if I can't I would definitely consider going to the states.

I will post on what happens after my appt on Friday. Wish me luck.

Hugs.
    Missy, 1 level ACDF 
    Sciatica.
    Chronic Pain.
advertisement