Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Islandstylists update to Having a terrible day! Please help

Comments

• Thanks for thinking of me.

I will post after my appt later today. And yes it's good for me to have someone come,for support and also because I take so many different meds my memory isn't the best. Lol!

Hope you're having a great day Karen! You're a sweetheart.
    Missy, 1 level ACDF 
    Degenerative Disc Disease.
    Sciatica.
    Chronic Pain.
  • I hope your appt went well on Friday, sorry I didn't write earlier but my moms oncologist ordered an emergency MRI for my moms brain. My moms balance has been off and she has had a few falls and the doctor wanted to see if her lung cancer has gone to her brain. My mom got a phone call Fridy evening saying they found a spot on her brain and her oncologist will call her on Monday. Sorry to use your post I'm trying to absorb this and having to wait until Monday to find out more isn't helping. God Bless, Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.
  • advertisement
  • I hope everything turns out okay for your mom.....your both in my thoughts and prayers.
    ACDF C4-5/5-6 - 04-09-2012
  • My appt with the dr went extremely well.

I now have an appt with a top neurosugeon in May. So next month. Once his office saw the seriousness of my injury they squeezed me in.

And I made sure they new it was a surgical consult. I'm happy I have an appt soon just sad that I need it though,you know what I mean? I just have to take it easy now until my appt. Lol!

I am really sorry abut your mother Joe. I will keep her and your family in my prayers. And don't apologize for letting us know what's going on. We're here to support each other.

I hope you have a good day today.

Hugs.

Missy, 1 level ACDF 
    Sciatica.
    Chronic Pain.
  • Great to hear that everything went so well with your new GP and that they got you in with a top NS next month.Now that you have a date for your appointment, that must releave some of the stress.Due try to take it easy until then (I know, very hard when you are a mom)

Joe, my heart goes out to you and your mom. I will say a prayer and keep you both in my thoughts.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • advertisement
  • susabellssusabell Illinois Posts: 241
    I am sorry to hear the news about your Mom. Prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Susie
    ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
    Sciatica 3/11/16 Left Leg prescribed Medrol Pack 6 days also Physical Therapy.
  • Missy,

I'm so glad that you finally got someone to understand the seriousness of your situation. Just sucks that one has to go through all the run around first. :W

A NS appt.to boot! Finally. :D

My day at the day park was great. My silly dog played with every dog there, and was a general goof. :))( Totally mud from head to foot.(normally yellow & white malmute markings)

Fortunately there is a creek and the way out, and he knows he has to take a swim, winter or summer, to clean up. He just automatically makes the right turn at the end of the fence now. Swims a few minutes, shakes a time or two and we are good to go. Thank goodness, because I'd never get the big moose in the tub by myself!

Joe,

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my dad to lung cancer many years ago, but remember the ups & downs of treaments, chemo etc. Many prayers coming your way.

Robin,

This place is the best for advice and support. I came late in my recovery, but still need a place where others can understand the frustrations of recovery and for me, the new adaptations in my life. My DH has been great, but it really takes people who are or have been there to really understand sometimes.

Keeping you all in my heart,
    Dee
  • Missy,

I am so excited that you finally got a neurosurgeon consultation in a time-frame that made sense! Hopefully, by the end of May your surgery will have been performed. I'm curious, did you take your Mom with you or did you actually find a doctor with common sense that recognized the seriousness of your situation ;-)?

Dee,

Thanks for your support. I am also in the Pacific Northwest! Love this part of the country.

Joe,

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Keeping you and her in my thoughts.

Cheers,
    Robin
  • Thanks so much for your comment about my ns appt. I still can't believe Im going to see a great ns next month. It does take some of the pressure off.

I hope you're having a great day Karen!
    Missy, 1 level ACDF 
    Sciatica.
    Chronic Pain.
  • I just wanted to chime in and say "good job" in getting things moving in the right direction! Wishing you a good day with minimal pain. I'm just being realistic with us chronic pain sufferers! ;)
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
advertisement