Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Just got back from my first round of prolotherapy

Comments

• LeejoLLeejo Posts: 1
    edited 01/08/2016 - 5:26 PM
    Hi, my name is Jo. I am 55 and began having SI issues when pregnant with my son 17 years ago. My SI started "jumping track" & my PT (who was treating me for face/neck/shoulder muscle pain related to TMJ) would manually adjust and pop it back "in place". My problem is that IT WON'T STAY THERE. By the time I get off the table it's out again. It causes other biomechanical issues (right side of pelvis rotates back and left rotates forward) . This causes a corkscrew effect up my spine literally to my right jaw and to top of my head. My muscles tighten so badly that I feel very "twisted" like everything is out of place. My PT stretches muscles all over my body and gets alignment back closer to where it should be. I cannot walk for exercise, lift more than 10 lbs, vacuum, mop, climb stairs and many more things. It feels like I was kicked in lower right back/glute area when SI goes out. PT says the SI or pelvic ligament expanded during pregnancy as it was supposed to but for some unknown reason it never went back. So now I have a very hypermobile SI and cannot find anyone who can tell me how to fix the problem. I did a PRP injection a month ago. It did nothing. Site was sore for 1 day then I didn't even know I had it. Was told if it was working that my pain would be worse. Paid $450 out of pocket. Not going back for another injection. Have had steroid injections before in SI joint. Helped pain for a month or two but not the overstretched ligament. I just want to find out if it can be fixed and get my life back. Been off work 7 months and can't get on my long-term disability insurance because pain is subjective and my PT is now semi-retired and won't do the stupid write up my doctor needs to explain medically what the problem is. I am desperate to get the ligament to tighten up and hold the pelvis/SI in bounds. If anyone has any suggestions, please share with me. I have done chiropractors, PT, accupuncture, and been prescribed every medicine imaginable. HELP PLEASE!!!!! Thx.
    JoLee
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,270
    edited 01/08/2016 - 11:56 PM
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
    I'm curious what kind of doctor you are working with?
    Is it your primary that ordered PT? And did your primary do the injection? Or refer you to someone else?

Your description of "corkscrew effect" is a visual that seems quite painful.

I may have missed it, but have you had any testing done? MRI or other?

My primary tried to work with my pain about two years before referring me to pain management.
    Best thing for me!
    PM Doctor did variety of testing..many I never even heard mentioned before...and he found several areas of my spine effected.
    Then he had a more proper plans for me with more effective treatments.

Re your need for paper work from your semi retired PT.
    I would think someone has taken over and could just look up your records and your PT's notes and write a summary.
    I would think??

Not sure where you live, but I'm in the States and we can use a Disability attorney, free of charge to us.
    He would be able to guide and help you to get all the paperwork needed...and whatever else needed for your Disability approval.
    Sue
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I have seen that Video from that clinic and they have a clinic near me and I am thinking about it
  • I've had severe S-I pain since September 1984. I had prolotherapy in 1995 , done by a Physiatrist at the University of Washington Pain Center. I had a great deal of pain during a and afterwards (of course I had horrible pain before). To get to the gist of it, no help what so ever. I've come to believe that it never works. Here I am, still with horrible S-Ib pain, Fibromyalgia, Psoriatic Arthritis, Sjogren's Syndrome, etc. Now, my new Pain doc is planning on taking me completely off all opiate meds (which I've been on since 12/96 and which finally gave me a functioning life) because apparently opiates don't help Fibromyalgia. I'm terrified.
  • advertisement
  • dougie14ddougie14 Dallas txPosts: 2
    my PRP injection in my si joint was done by a doctor by himself with a ultra sound. i was so scared, but it ended up not being bad at all. actually felt better than a flu shot to me. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. lol mine didn't help much. the soreness actually felt great to me cause it wasn't pain. then my back started feeling good for about a week then back to normal.
  • Hi to anyone and everyone in this thread! I've read a lot of the posts, sorry to know so many people have suffered these same problems that I have! I'm wondering if anyone - particularly from waaay back at the start of the thread can update on their experience with prolotherapy?

im really desperate, my (undiagnosed) sacroiliac pain and laxity is ruining my life, I need to move forward and prolo seems like the most beckoning option. There's so much controversy over it (or even over SI joint issues, for that matter) that I can't get to the bottom of what I need to do. Any help appreciated!

best wishes to all  :)
    hello bmack !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.