Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Undiagnosed Nerve Pain in the Legs

Comments

• I walk about 2 miles a day, which I believe really helps me. My physio has told me that it is the most helpful things I can do and if I do nothing else, to walk, walk, walk. I did this walking before my lumbar fusion and was told that was part of why I recovered so well.

I was going to be referred to a neurosurgeon at Stanmore for a second opinion, but then my GP spoke to others and decided that as my records wouldn't be available to view there (different hospital trust) that they would refer me to a different surgeon at the same hospital. I have been sent to a neurologist because a neurosurgeon registrar, that consultant and my pain consultant all felt that some of my symptoms may not be from my neck. They wanted to rule out MS. I have now had a letter from the neurologist who has said that his opinion is that all my symptoms (except jaw and temple pain) could be from the cord compression in my neck. He says that I will need to have surgery at some point. Now I have to decide what to do next. My husband is in the very early days of recovering from surgery, so I will wait until he is completely better.

Then it looks like it is my turn!!!

This discussion has been closed.