Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Looking for pain management clinic in Northern Va/ Md, WV

Hi I've been a lurker here for some time and this is my first post. I have had Juvenile Diabetes for 42 years and have severe nueropathy plus failed L5 surgery and sciatica.My current pain doc has had me on Percocet 10/325 1-2 tabs every 6 hrs, plus Morphine sulphate 30 mg 2x day. My Dr mysteriously went on vacation and never returned. The new PA I saw in his place last week suddenly cut me back to one Percocet per day and kept the morphine the same. I knew better than to complain so I just accepted this quietly and left. My wife however called the new PA and complained loudly, albiet without my knowledge, but it was enough to get me the ax with my pain clinic of 5 years. I am now on a desperate search for a new pain management clinic that will keep up my Rxs which have been controlling my pain very well. I live in Northern Va and I have no idea where to turn! Does anyone know of a good clinic in or around the DC metro area? Va Md WV?
advertisement

Comments

• I wish I could help! I am in WV but close to the Ohio side.
    Do hope you find someone and soon!

Cheers
    Patsy W
  • Have you tried the "Find a Doctor" feature at the top of this page? You may find one that way.
    Patsy W
  • advertisement
  • MrGrouchMMrGrouch Posts: 108
    edited 08/04/2013 - 6:21 PM
    a very large outfit in the area. it goes by a few names,**edited to remove names of specific clinics**. One of these messed up on me and have an assembly line mentality. I live in the area and also am looking for one that is reputable. So far I have not found any.
    One thing is a constant, they have to get your records and then decide if they will accept your case. There are also ones in this area that do not have licenses to prescribe opiods and do not tell you so they prescribe basicaly sugar pills, epileptic meds, and mild arthritus meds

I did hear in the last few days that there may be some very good ones in the Winchester VA area.

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, health care facilities, web sites, or naming of health care professionals is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.
  • neilwanningnneilwanning Posts: 1
    edited 08/02/2013 - 8:11 PM
    I'm suffering from arthritis pain, tried meds but are of no use so i'm considering acupuncture now. Can any one suggest me any accupunturist in fairfax, va. I have some clinics in my list such as

Need more options.

Link removed, solicitation not permitted.Please read the Forum rules
    Post Edited by The Spine-Health Moderator Team
    neilwanning

• Northern VA has multiple pain management and spine centers. Some of the best centers in the country are in Fairfax County. I don't go to one of them, but I know people who have and been pleased. I go to a center in Warrenton VA. If you search spine and pain centers for Warrenton VA, you will find them.

As far as if the new doctor did the right thing, I am not one to judge something like that. I am sure that he is not stupid and had good reasons for his decision. However, I also believe he owes you an explanation as to why he made the change. If you were happy with the center, you could try calling them back and apologizing. Humility goes a long way in restoring relationships. If your new doctor was not communicating with you and explaining his recommended treatment plan for you, maybe it is time for a change. You should not have difficulty finding another good center in NVA. There are many.
  • advertisement
  • for finding a new doctor is your insurance website. You can search for providers by city, state or specialty.
    If you are searching for a pain management doctor within a certain mile limitation of your home city, you can usually set a distance from your zip code and they will give you a listing of all of the physicians in that area for you to contact.
  • tran0074ttran0074 Posts: 1
    edited 06/17/2014 - 5:40 PM

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/forum-rules
    Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, health care facilities, web sites, or naming of health care professionals is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

advertisement