Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Exercise to help fusion?

advertisement

Comments

• Great stuff Emily ! Hope you're feeling better every day!
    Kevin

Different degrees of back pain since 1994
    Chiro-Physio-Ostheopath-Homeopathy-Acupunture
    Cortisone shots Jan/09
    Discectomy and lamenectomy April/09
    L5 - S1 spinal fusion July.13th/12
  • Yeah, I'd say something was definitely wrong. I hope they've got you all fixed up now and you are able to move forward! Surgery and recovery were so intense the first time, I don't want to consider going back for more, so I give you mad props for getting through all of that!
    Michelle
    L5-S1 Fusion, Discectomy on 7/10/12
    Herniated Discs at L3-L4-L5-S1, Spondylosis, Spondylolethesis at L5, DDD, Partial CES, Lumbar Facet Arthropathy
    Chronic back pain since 12/2010 (slip and fall on ice)
  • advertisement
  • Hi lovely spineys, just an update from me. Today is my grandson's 2nd birthday. I felt a bit 'lighter' and I went downstairs for the very first time in 7 weeks. Ate with everyone on the dining table. Very happy and proud of myself. I go down very slowly but I finally made it and up again. Thank you God!
    Pray that there is no set back from this endeavour.
  • You are strong and you are mighty! Positive, Positive thoughts your way. There will be no setbacks! And if there are you will recover. My experience is 2 steps forward 1 step back....and thats awesome! Happy Bday to your little man...mine turns 3 in November....such precious little souls. It makes everything worth fighting for.
    Keep believing in you and your successful recovery! I do! Peace Ellen
    3 level fusion L3-S1 July 23, 2012
  • Wonderful update, Roz! So glad you were able to have some family time to celebrate your grandson's birthday! Keep having days like this - you're on the right track!
    Michelle
    L5-S1 Fusion, Discectomy on 7/10/12
    Herniated Discs at L3-L4-L5-S1, Spondylosis, Spondylolethesis at L5, DDD, Partial CES, Lumbar Facet Arthropathy
    Chronic back pain since 12/2010 (slip and fall on ice)
  • advertisement
  • poodlemama99ppoodlemama99 Posts: 44
    edited 07/22/2014 - 6:21 AM
    My doctor said best exercise is walking and that is what I did. Even when it hurt like heck I still walked. Every single day I walked. First few days were literally to end of driveway and back but every day a little further.
    4 level posterolateral fusion L2-S1 with rods and screws and cadaver bone. Spondylolisthesis, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, sciatica, DDD, facet disease and arthritis. September 2002
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.