Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Neck and Shoulder pain

I have gone to a physical therapist for weeks to work on me. I have Degenerative Disk Disease. It was great for awhile, all of a sudden 3 weeks ago i got this pinch in my right neck and shoulder area. It is not going away and its very stiff even though i do the exercises my physical therapist have given me. I have been doing housework, exercises, yoga, it's not painful its just annoying. Called my doctor and they said they can't do anything else for me. Told me to look online. I was livid with them.


  • My answer is simple find a new doctor. What type of imaging was done to find the DDD? There are other things that can help, such as a muscle relaxer, tens unit, injections, massage therapy. If I was in your position I would find a new doctor, but you could also go get a massage and see if it helps. I know for myself massages help a lot. You could also try heat and or ice. Yes you can use them together one on the front and one on the back. If you can't afford a massage you could try a tennis ball, place it between you and a wall, to see if you can get it to relax. Typically there are bumps called trigger points, I should say knots. The idea is to put pressure on them to see if they will go down. They make a actual physical therapy ball that is just a little harder that works. Try to do things close to your body and not reach with that arm, as it might help some. But the best answer is to get another doctor. First I would be sure your doctor actually said that and not just one of the staff?
Sign In or Register to comment.