Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

To bad they dont give out freqent flyer miles **** I'm back in -out

Comments

• Well I missed all of this drama 'cos I was in hospital myself.

Sorry to hear how ill you have been and how long you had to stay in hospital, but glad that you are now home again.

Keep recovering!
  • hey there fellow sicky,
    I hear ya on the pain, I kept insisting on getting up to walk the halls, rn laughed said well normally when your in icu we don't let you go walking.
    I'm on O2 again, do you get like so outta breath just walking. I just tried walking to my curb/mailbox and wow so cold today and I barely made back inside.
    I have had pneum few times but nothing this bad.
    I was in St. James from last Thur till following wed. So you beat me on days. 3 of those were in ICU on heavy antibiotics.
    hey did they call in the infectious disease docs, They did for me and wow was scary.

Heres what got me, were very short of breath yet they send students n more docs n more students all asking same old ????.
    Drove me nuts. I was so exhausted at once point told the doc go get the doc just left, he has all the answers.

I hope you are on the mend, they kept telling me takes months to get rid of this type.
    So what was with all the GI tests.
    I had dble pneumo, and bacterial pneumo.
    I have few antibiotics they sent me home with.
    Have you heard of others having pneumo, I have heard of 3 others.
    Lets meet up in sh chat tonight or whatever times good for you.

Hang in there, go slow, thinking of ya.
    Were is our other Chgo, spiney Alex you would think he would be making us some chicken noodle soup.
    So glad ur not still smoking, if this don't scare you to quit nothing will. Hang in there you can beat the cigs for good.

tc
    mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • advertisement
  • Would you chicago people stay out of the hospital, No wonder they wont take my fat ass in and i have to put up with the old lady and the dogs,

Get sick somewhere else Dave and Mary, I usualy just go to the hospital pretend i am sick to get a vacation away from home and check out nurses,

Best of luck, Hope you all heal and get beter,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • So great to hear that your home and can recover in peace! <3
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    edited 11/26/2012 - 2:33 PM
    I guess I couldn't cut it the reaj word so here I am for more ivs lunch. Scans etc .... :-) I even got à niceer doctor. And more of them ....... heck they have found some things theyweren,t looking for. Still can't to manage rid of my pneumonia

Pleasealltakecare!!!!!!!
  • advertisement
  • NO!!!!! Oh I am so sorry! :(

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Im so sorry Dave. Hope this trip is much shorter and they can get the pneumonia cleared up :(

kelli
  • I hope it will be a short stay and that they will find the 'magic' medication that will knock the pneumonia on the head.
    Take care Dave, and let those nurses look after you.
  • susabellssusabell Illinois Posts: 241
    your back home again :) if there is anything I can do to help, Please let me know. It is going to take a long time before you are feeling prior to this illness. I know this because my Sister went thru this. She started feeling better around the 8th month after being home a month. I don't think I will be going back for a RFA anytime soon, as I woke up Screaming during the procedure. The good news is I think he found out where more of my Main Pain Source is coming from. During one of my waking moments I heard the words "Facet Joint Syndrome". Maybe I finally found a Dr. who actually cares.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do. :)

Hugs!!!

ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
    Sciatica 3/11/16 Left Leg prescribed Medrol Pack 6 days also Physical Therapy.
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    edited 11/29/2012 - 6:59 PM
    ok ..... I just got out after a second stay. I talked them into letting me come in 1/2 hour a day for my antibiotic IV infusion.
    Finally had to have a broncoscopy to clean out some of the yuk. Got infectious disease invovled ..... they said I had like the treatable little brother to MRSA. So outpatient IV's for 1/2 hour for the next 2 weeks ..... breathing is almost 100% returned ... offf o2 for 3 days now. Darn its good to be home. After about 23+ days I was losing whats left of my mind. Thanks again for all the concern and positive thoughts .... I hope to remain around and healthy enough to return the favor in the future as maybe required.

God bless us everyone,

d
advertisement