Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

To bad they dont give out freqent flyer miles **** I'm back in -out

Comments

• Sorry to hear ya back in or out now...
    I had that team of infectious docs when I woke one day in ICU there was a team. I thought I was a gonner
    Now do as your told.
    Hmm wait did you just go back ck out the nurses
    Please don't be like Alex, they won't even take him at any hospitals in Chicago

tc
    and lets chat soon
    mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Haven't heard from you in a bit but hoping that is due to you feeling much better :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • advertisement
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    I still have 4 more days of outpaitent IV antibiotics ...
    Last bloodwork 5 days ago showed my white blood cell count to be almost back to normal.

Have reduced my overall medications by 2/3's ... including benzo's
    Except for a 1 day slip I have remained smoke free on patches after 33 years of smoking.

and stuff like that

Thanks for wondering and asking!!
    Hope everyone can find some relief - healing - peace and the middle ground - daily - and moving into the New Year.

Some diety - Bless us everyone,

d
  • starsinhereyessstarsinhereyes Posts: 579
    edited 12/10/2012 - 8:11 AM
    hugs Dave,
    Seems you and I have been battling the same crap. I was okay after hospital, still short breath. But hubby came down with horrible cough, and yes who gets it.
    So back to pulmonary, now my gp today. Coughing new colors up daily I know eewwww.
    It was good in way you got out and to do out patient iv.

I will be wishing and praying for your full recovery.
    Maybe you and I will be healthy for holiday.

Has this illness(pneumo) made your pain worse??
    I have had change docs, so since in hospital I'm f/u with those that treated me. And hoping doc today will refill pain med. cause these legs are so much worse off. I have heard from some ppl anti biotics can add and cause pain issues.

tc
    lets catch up in chat soon
    hang in there pneumo friend
    Mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I am walking down the hall to find out why the nurse did not call and explain wht I could not go see my PCP (now they are saying that since I have a PICC line in I my decide to use drugs) and another nurse comes up giving me heck about not wearing my wound vac.The hospital took it off for a visit with my surgeon tomorrow.I guess it was easier to bust my choops than check the log.
  • advertisement
advertisement