Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

im having my spinal cord stimulator removed, scared anyone else?

roxiesrroxies Posts: 8
edited 11/07/2012 - 4:09 PM in Chronic Pain
Hi everyone, im new to site, can anyone tell me how bad surgery is to have a scs removed, i have had mine in two years, having it out Nov.13, feeling scared, Dr. told me it can be rough coming out do to bone removal and scar tissue. anyone have advice for me thanks. Roxie
beth1962
advertisement

Comments

• Omg I just had mine removed 4 days ago!!! It is the worst experience ever horrible PAIN!! BUT THEN MY DOCTOR MADE A GREVIOUS MISTAKE I LOOKING FOR A LAWYER NOW!!! PLS HAVE UR DOCTOR GO OVER THE STEPS WITH YOU..NANYONE NO A GOOD LAWYER IM IN HOUSTON
  • My battery had to be removed due to a deep 2nd degree burn, what a wonderful system
    burnt
  • advertisement
  • HighwaymanHHighwayman Posts: 47
    edited 11/07/2012 - 4:19 AM
    Hi, I had my SCS removed in an outpatient setting. It was a piece of cake. I was out of work for two weeks and needed minimal pain meds. I had to watch my BLT for a month. I'm so glad it is out. It was in me for 18 months.
    God Bless,
    Highwayman
  • I am now very relieved that I never allowed them to put one in!
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Hi everyone thank you all for your comments, just knowing im not alone makes feel better, well getting it out on tuesday 13 th, i had a rough time getting it in, bladder problems, woke up no pain meds, thought i died. so coming out little scary, not sure who to trust, im in pain now and the thought of more scares me, but family doctors things in long run i will feel better. Thanks Highwayman, hope im so lucky, and Nycole thanks for being honest, i will ask more questions, sorry Isteller we scared you, but the truth be told things can go wrong, i know plenty of people who have done great, not me i have more trouble now then before, again thanks everyone,ill let you all know how it goes. Roxie
    beth1962
  • advertisement
  • tjohn441@sbcglobal.net said:
    My battery had to be removed due to a deep 2nd degree burn, what a wonderful system
    beth1962
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.