Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Women, Advice here...

Comments

• I haven't read all the other posts but I will tell you how I do it. I have to either lift my leg towards me or crouch down to shave. 8.5 months post surgery and I still can't do it like before this happened.
  • ScubaSScuba Posts: 37
    edited 02/01/2013 - 5:15 AM
    I use a small stepping stool (purchased at a dollarstore or Walmart). It's a perfect height that allows me to bend alittle while shaving, and it also helps me to be able to put on my socks while sitting. I've thought of a way to use "nair" which doesn't involve bending but I as of yet haven't tried it. If I have surgery in the future, I probably will. Use a spray bottle to distribute "nair" over the legs in the shower with the help of the stepping stool, then it's easier to remove if one has a detachable shower head. Since I haven't this tried this as of yet, I don't know if it would work, but you don't know if you don't try. :) Or apply nair to a long handled bath sponge.
    Take Care.
  • advertisement
  • I just haven't bothered with shaving. My leg hair is blonde, so it's not that noticeable. I am thinking about getting them waxed along with a pedicure though....my toenails are getting long and my feet feel really rough on the satin sheets!
    1/16/2013 Minimally invasive TLIF with rods, screws, and cage on L5/S1 joint to treat grade 2 spondylolysthesis, pars defect, degenerative disc disease. Dealt with chronic pain & nerve issues since at least 2007.
  • I was taught how to bend at the hips. If you can sit, you can bend at the hips.
    Have you tried sitting then cross your ankle over your opposite knee?
    Or after stretches sit indian style say maybe on a pillow?
    Do some lite leg stretches and it can be done!
    Gotta make sure to balance stretches.....front and back
  • Duck tape the razor handle to a stick ! Toilet brush soaked with soap brush it on legs and shave,
    C,mon people have to be creative ,

Clip toe nails = dip toes in penutbutter and get a dog , Dogs are trained profesionals chewing nails,

Survival camp 101. Git-er-done
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • advertisement
  • I find it easier not to use soap and water to shave my legs. I use cheap disposable razors and just slap lots & lots of moisturiser on my legs and then shave them. Works really well, and actually much better for your skin as they get a good moisturise as well. Also means if you need help with it form a family member, then it's much easier. Also before my fusion I had my hair cut quite short - much easier to look after in the first few weeks, and when getting to a hairdresser for a cut in the first couple of months at home can be difficult.
advertisement