Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Chronic thoracic pain!!

Im a student and have middle back pain (sometimes slighty higher but never lower back) for many years now and still have not found a solution. I have been chiropractor many times but only provides temporary relief.

I am a student so I spend alot of time sitting althrough I take regular breaks every 40 minutes to stretch out the back a little. Im not sure wherether the years of sitting and slouching are catching up to me even though i have a better sitting position at the desk now.

I also do weight lifting for many years so im not sure if I have muscle imbalances in the back/body, I think I may have a strong lower back but no so much traps. Also have fairly severe anterior pelvic tilt but it should cause lower back pain in which I have none.

I've started to foam roll, use tennis balls to hit tender spots, stretch hipflexors/thighs to help anterior pelvic tilt but still no improvement in thoracic back pain.

Any help will be much appriciated!


  • Hi and welcome here.

    'Conservative' treatment (non surgical) is always suggested first. Many people try chiro's, acupuncture, massage, physio therapy etc, as I have too. Reading and learning here has revealed that there is a specialist type of doctor called a physiatrist (google it and is in the sites glossary). They "specialize in a wide variety of nonsurgical treatments for the musculoskeletal system".
    As always, discuss your symptoms with your PCP / GP, discuss your options and his recommendation. I would suggest talking about the above therapies and requesting a referral to a good physiatrist.
    May you be pain free soon and please keep us informed on how your going. We're interested to see what helps you.
Sign In or Register to comment.