Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L4 L5 Injections tomorrow

We'll tomorrow I finally get my injections. Can't wait. Counting the minutes.
My pain has slowly been getting worse. Always walking with a cane.

Question,
My ins co did NOT approve sedation for the procedure.
How much pain can I expect? They are treating L4 and L5 nerve root.

Thanks,

Dave
-Dave
L4/5 herniation13mm sequestered fragment L5 root compromise.
L3/4 annular tear.
L2/3 3mm bulge and annular tear.
Tens mpo combo system
Epidural L4 L5 28Nov12 / 12Dec12 / 26Dec12. All no relief :( SO FAR
MicroD L4 L5 May 23 2013
advertisement

Comments

• I have never been totally sedated for any injections. For my epidurals I was given a 1mg Xanax which I take anyway at bedtime to I would take an extra before I leave home. I had a RFA this morning and was given Fentanyl lollipop which really relaxed me but still did not go to sleep and then once I left I vomited the lollipop up:( Too bad because it really helped my pain level over entire body. I have always been told I needed to be awake to communicate what I was feeling with doctor. I was uncomfortable but have had worse pain. Hope this helps and good luck with procedure.

kelli
  • Thanks Kelli,
    I guess I won't worry about it too much.
    They prescribed me a 10mg valium to take 1 hr before I arrive.
    I just hate pain. The last few months have been hell.

-Dave
    -Dave
    L3/4 annular tear.
    Tens mpo combo system
    MicroD L4 L5 May 23 2013
  • advertisement
  • I had my epidural this morning L4 and L5. Valium worked we'll.
    Felt good not 100% on the drive home.
    I slept for 4 hours after I got home.
    I still have back hip sciatic pain but it's reduced by ~50%.
    Guess I was hoping for more. Kind of bummed out.
    I hope the next epidural on the Dec 12th will do more.

-Dave
    -Dave
    L3/4 annular tear.
    Tens mpo combo system
    MicroD L4 L5 May 23 2013
  • hi Dave, glad pain was not too bad. Usually epidurals dont take effect immediately and you having 50 % reduction already is awesome. By the time I have finished the series my pain would be almost gone. Longest I have been pain free after epidural was 3 yrs. and shortest time was 4 months so hopefully you will be pain free for a long time:)

hugs,
    kelli
  • Thanks Kelli

I called my PM doc this morning and let him know the back hip sciatic pain is worse than before the epidural. The girl at the desk said she will pass on the info.
    My hip now hurts so bad even laying down is no relief. Norco not helping.
    Ist time in a while I cried from the pain. Glad I have my wife to help me through all this. My pup sleeping in bed with me helps. He knows I'm in pain.

At least I see my PM doc tomorrow Friday. I look forward to see what he has to say.

-Dave
    -Dave
    L3/4 annular tear.
    Tens mpo combo system
    MicroD L4 L5 May 23 2013
  • advertisement
  • Im so sorry Dave:( I had epidural on thoracic I think maybe in Aug. and it was the worse ever. He tried 4 times to reach spine and couldn't get where he needed to. For 3-4 days afterwards I could not move. I layed in the bed and cried for days and it did finally go away. I hope your PM doc is able to help you tomorrow. Let me know what happens and Im so sorry:(

hugs,
    kelli
  • I went and saw my PM doc and he says 2 days is too early to see how the epidural will do long term. But we talked meds and switched me to 10mg percocets 4x day and robaxin 2x day.
    He could see how bad my pain was. I had to drive myself so no meds this morning and I could hardly walk even with my cane.
    On Dec 12 I have my next epidural so we'll talk more then.
    My PM is the one doing the epidurals.
    He also is calling my NS to give him a update.

We'll just thought I'd give you a update.
    I keep better with the new meds. Pain seems a lot less. :)

-Dave
    P.S. thanks for all your support!

-Dave
    L3/4 annular tear.
    Tens mpo combo system
    MicroD L4 L5 May 23 2013
  • We'll it's been 5 days since my 1st epidural and the sciatic hip leg calf pain is much worse than before the shot. I was hoping the Percocets would help the pain better than the Norco. I dont notice any difference.
    Errrrrrrr. I hate this damm pain. At least I can sleep good at night. If that changes I think I would loose my sanity.
    I go back for my 2nd epidural on the 12th. I am going to tell my PM if this doesn't fix the pain schedule surgery.
    Im at my wits end with this pain.
    Sorry for the ranting.

-Dave
    -Dave
    L3/4 annular tear.
    Tens mpo combo system
    MicroD L4 L5 May 23 2013
advertisement