Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Losing everything and severly deppressed

advertisement

Comments

• Hey Girl
    Get a hold of me there is a lot of help out there for you

Rick
  • alexhurting said:
    We all been there as we reached that point of the unknown, jobs lost cant leave the house due to pain, Bills piling up and no money coming in, We start sending our bills to Obama asking for a bail out and he keeps sending it back,
    Or is that just me that does that ?

You will manage and get through this as we all have, Look at the bright side no job you dont have to pay taxes, No car no more oil change and frickin car dont start again or broke down,

Are you alone or do you have someone to help you at home like husband ? Dave asked me to ask you that as he is single and looking. Lol. Sorry just kiding,

Hang in there you be fine with our suport and Dave flirting with ya , Oops sorry Dave, I know you told me not to tell,
    Lol tell Dave hi!!
  • advertisement
  • Thanks to all of you for the support , I do need my spiney friends as all others have disapeared from my life , I am letting my new car go but I got me a 1991 caddy lol and its pd for ! It is hard being home I just dont know what to do with myself ..I have been so down I havent been on the computer or anything , I detoxed from all my meds and the only thing I am taking is advil, kind of wierd but I think the loratab was adding pain..I get to hurting really bad and lay with a ice pack and get it eased off ..Dont know about the back spasms if I can deal with those without pain meds but I want to try , im tired of living in a fog..I think to sitting in a office chair all day was slowly killing me so maybe they did me a favor! Hope to hear back from you guys..
  • ouch2ouch2 Posts: 1,270
    edited 12/10/2012 - 11:53 PM
    As we navigate our way through our new lives. Glad that you got some new wheels, and it is great when you know you don't have to worry about a car payment. Must have been hard detoxing from your meds, did your doctor put you on a weaning schedule? Good to hear that when you take advil and use ice, that the pain eases.

For myself I went back to school ten years ago to do my dream job, nursing. Unfortunately after a bad incident transfering a patient 2.5 years ago, my spiney life became my new life. Eventually I had to come to terms with the fact that I could not return to nursing, either actively or in an admin capacity.It was rough, both financially as well as emotionally, trying to figure out my new life. Luckily I was accepted for disability right away, which thankfully has helped alot. We had to sell our home and start to live a simpler life, but that's getting easier to accept.

I am now at the point that I realize that this is my new life, and while I still get down about it, it is not as often. I try to take each day one day at a time. Many days due to pain it can take me all morning just to get moving, before I have a couple of not as bad hours in the afternoon that I would like to fill.Have been looking into different hobbies, crafting, jewlery making, or something, that may help occupy myself and will also help distract me from the pain.

Do you have any hobbies that you like to do, or may like to learn? Something that can pass the time, as well as give you the distraction as well as purpose that we all crave. I know it is a big change when we can no longer go to work, but we have each other, and together we can all make it through this new way of life.

Big hugs to you, and if you ever need to talk, I , and all your other spiney friends are here.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • KENTUCKYGIRL65KKENTUCKYGIRL65 Posts: 210
    edited 12/11/2012 - 12:15 AM
    It is hard to get used to not working , I feel useless, I do have some things that I like to do I just need to adjust to not working.My doctor didnt wean me off my meds I just stopped everything at once and landed myself in the hospital with severe withdraw, the er doctor told me I could die from doing that but I did it, It took about 8 days before I could stop shaking and I still wake up in the night shaking sometimes but I think that is nerves from worry about home , bills and other things..I really apreciate the support it makes me feel not so alone...
  • advertisement
  • RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 558
    edited 12/18/2012 - 6:10 PM
    Just wanted to check in on you and see how things are going.
  • If I did not give up my house last year and luckily walk away with $25000 I would be homeless now. The worst part was putting my kids out of their home and sending them to live with their mother in a 2 bedroom apartment. I bought an Rv and moved to the girlfriends mothers backyard. The girlfriend watched me go from a high paying career to needing help to get dressed. We spent 12 days at new location when I found out she spent $8000 in 8 days of my money. I left and moved to the cheapest Rv park I could find.
    Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about losing friends. Only 2 old friends have come out too see me one being my old secretary. No money coming in since SDI expired last October. Applied for SSDI 6 months into first year of SDI stupidly thinking SSDI should kick in when SDI ran out. When taking 33 pills a day studying this new topic was not high on my list. 12 more months minimum until I find out results of hearing that advocated is setting up. Life sucks
    Niners
advertisement