Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Compression fractures of T11, T12 and L1 vertebrae

Hi everyone. I am new to spine health and hope there are members out there that can help give me some insight into my injuries. I fell in my bathroom on January 29, 2012. Pain was pretty intense, but my husband helped me up and I doctored myself for one week before I went to a doctor. He had my back xrayed, and at the time said that there was no visible damage. Boy was I happy. I thought I had dodged a bullet. One week later he called me back and apologized. I had a compression fracture of the T11 vertebrae. He didn't suggest bracing. Said the fracture was stable. Just go on with you life except to avoid heavy bending etc. He also prescribed 6 weeks of physical therapy to strengthen core muscles etc. To make a long story short. I am still in pain and it's close to one year. Sometimes the pain is worse than at other times. I'm never comfortable sitting. Pain now radiates in my hips and legs. It seems that my body feels like it's been beaten up. Nothing like how I felt before my accident. Also, had a followup cat scan done more recently. It seems that in addition to the T11 compression fracture, which was the worst, there was some compression at T12 and L1. Also, so damaged to discs in lumbar region. Doctors have all indicated that surgery is not necessary. And, at this late stage, any cement treatment of the T11 is not recommended. Anyone out there heal from this kind of injury. And, how long did it take. Anything that you can share would be appreciated.
advertisement

Comments

• joanljjoanl Posts: 41
    edited 12/17/2012 - 2:24 AM
    Good Morning:
    I am struggling to overcome the aftermath of a fall with compression fractures of the spine. Does anyone else have a compression fracture? How long before you felt good again. What did you do to overcome the pain? Your comments would be apprecited.