Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Housework + Back Pain = Depression ? :-P

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,230
    The word really doesnt matter a bit. Its all about what you can do within your limits without hurting yourself.
    If someone wants an immaculate house but has to sacrifice their body and well being - then is it really worth it?
    And on the other hand you keep a great house, but still within your physical limitations - Isnt that better in the long run?

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Just wanted to say that my new-found approach is working great. So far I've only drawn up a list for the kitchen and bathroom, so I will have to sit down and divvy up the tasks for the rest of the house too...

I'm so much happier with the housework now. Not feeling as pressured or as overwhelmed. Thanks again for the input!
    Happiness is your chronic pain being less than it usually is...

Migraines and so many herniated discs (the same ones over and over) that I have literally stopped counting
  • advertisement
  • You know what your limitations are, whether they were doctor-imposed or based on how you feel after you do a task. Why not just set a timer for ten minutes, do a task, and then rest?

The other thing I'd suggest is to avoid supermarkets during peak times: Evening rush hour, the weekends, and the first through the fifth of the month (when public benefit checks have been issued and the place is packed.) I'm three and a half weeks out of lumbar fusion surgery, and got cleared to drive short distances provided I didn't just take pain meds, and I make a few trips a week instead of loading up. I picked up a dozen or so of those reusable shopping bags, and get the carryout service at the store, rearrange the food so that no bag weighs more than a gallon of milk (my current lifting restrictions,) and bring the frozen or refrigerated stuff in first. I'm not working right now (obviously,) so it doesn't matter if a bottle of dishwashing liquid or a box of trash bags is in the car half the day. We are going to have a thaw this week, so I'm planning to ask a neighbor who had offered help to see if one of her teenagers can come in and vacuum or walk the dog for a few bucks.

What amazes me is how creative I've gotten in managing the basics: I picked up two roll-about office chairs, and can shove them around so that I can do some basic tasks around here so that nobody calls the board of health on me!
    I'm not a spinal diagnosis. I'm a human being with a spinal diagnosis.