Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chronic pain in arm/hand/knees/leg/neck/lower back/back!

Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with a disc bulge c5/c6 in 2007 with flare ups every few months causing me differing problems such as leg pain-arm pain back pain etc.

I decided in March of 2012 against a disc fusion as my consultant wasn't really certain it would help-I have had a cervical nerve root injection that did nothing for my pain. My disc is compressing a nerve on the left side and although I have had severe left arm pain previously I now find that most of my pain is on the right side.

After deciding against the op last year-a few weeks later my pain spiralled again-this time with pain in my knees-often feeling like they were going to give way-my right arm, hand and fingers and pain in my left thumb.I also get severe stabbing pains in my shoulder blades-almost as though a red hot poker is being pushed on them-my head feels like its the weight of a melon! And i have still got the lower back pain I have always had. I also get a lot of pain in my right thigh.Everyday movements are a nightmare-I find climbing stairs difficult and using my hands.I also get pins and needles in my right fingers. I suffer with having to use the loo a lot for a wee too!

I went back to the docs again last year as I felt I couldn't go on with it anymore and wanted to try the surgery. They did various blood tests to rule out anything else and ordered a full spine mri-previously just had neck mri's. They found I had multiple disc protrusions withT4/5 pressing on the nerve root.After seeing this my GP seems to think I may need some kind of op to stop the damage being done to my spine as basically my discs are bulging and causing the spine to drop.

I am trying to carry on working-my GP wanted to sign me off until after my surgery but I didn't dare do that-I have been referred back to my original consultant-and don't see him while the 6th of March-depending on what he says I may need to use all of my sick time off and pay to recover from any op I may have.

I have an appointment with a pain clinic next week-I am trying not to take anything other than paracetamol as last time I went through-amitrypiline=gabapentina nd pregablin and ended up like a zombie with permanent short term memory affected as a result!

I am at the end of my tether with the pain now-feel very sorry for myself-and along with not sleeping very well-struggle to get through the day.

Has anyone got any advice? Anyone with a similar experience-anyone had surgery for similar problems? All gratefully received!!
advertisement