Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L 3/4 & 4/5 surgery, S1 pain, and Osteoporosis

Hi Everyone,

It's been quite awhile since I've been on these boards, and I like the changes. I recently saw my neurosurgeon (a new one) and he gave me the results of the MRI that I had last week, and it wasn't good.
Everything started out for me with a T 12 fracture at work in 2009. From there I had Kyphoplasty, and everything went down hill after that. I had a fusion with instrumentation at L 3/4 & L 4/5, and still have a cage in. After that I had a fusion on my neck at C 5/6 & C 6/7. If I had known how soft my bones were because of Osteoporosis I would not have had these surgeries, and I'm paying for it now. Recently over the past 3 months I began having pain in my right side and hip, along with the buttock and leg. So much now, that I can hardly walk. My current surgeon will not do surgery on me, which I'm thankful. The S1 is very bad, and he is sending me to a Pain Management Dr. to have injections in the S1. He also showed my spine on the MRI and it is so curved, I'm in pain all the time in my whole spine. I am on Forteo injections and Hydrocort. The Hydrocort is for Adrenal Insufficiency I was diagnosed with 6 months ago.
What I would like to know is: does pain management really help? Will the shots help the S1? I've been through so much the past few years, and I'm running out of hope and patience. I'm 62 years young, and I get allot of support from my family. I haven't worked since the original T 12 fracture. Any encouragement or advice would be helpful. Thanks!!!
advertisement

Comments

• skootsskoot Posts: 6
    edited 04/04/2013 - 10:47 AM
    Mindymork62 said:
    Hi Everyone,

It's been quite awhile since I've been on these boards, and I like the changes. I recently saw my neurosurgeon (a new one) and he gave me the results of the MRI that I had last week, and it wasn't good.
    Everything started out for me with a T 12 fracture at work in 2009. From there I had Kyphoplasty, and everything went down hill after that. I had a fusion with instrumentation at L 3/4 & L 4/5, and still have a cage in. After that I had a fusion on my neck at C 5/6 & C 6/7. If I had known how soft my bones were because of Osteoporosis I would not have had these surgeries, and I'm paying for it now. Recently over the past 3 months I began having pain in my right side and hip, along with the buttock and leg. So much now, that I can hardly walk. My current surgeon will not do surgery on me, which I'm thankful. The S1 is very bad, and he is sending me to a Pain Management Dr. to have injections in the S1. He also showed my spine on the MRI and it is so curved, I'm in pain all the time in my whole spine. I am on Forteo injections and Hydrocort. The Hydrocort is for Adrenal Insufficiency I was diagnosed with 6 months ago.
    What I would like to know is: does pain management really help? Will the shots help the S1? I've been through so much the past few years, and I'm running out of hope and patience. I'm 62 years young, and I get allot of support from my family. I haven't worked since the original T 12 fracture. Any encouragement or advice would be helpful. Thanks!!!
    skoot
  • skootsskoot Posts: 6
    edited 04/04/2013 - 11:01 AM
    Im feelin almost all that exept only 1 fusion at 3-4 ! Tryin to find good pain management that deals with the depression part also cauls im up against the wall with ssd costs and i got suplamental ! Depr and pain are brothers ! And im 53 and 2yrs into this crap ! And at my wits end also ! Stay busy somehow and occupying your mind with somthing you love to do is how i been coping latley . And no plasty stuff on my fracture will deal with things 1 at a time and 1 day at a time !!!!
    skoot
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.