Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chronic sciatica nerve pain

Hi everybody! First time in this forum. I keep reading posts here but didnt get the chance to post my own. Been dealing with sciatica for over 9 months now. Have had 1 flare up last july 2012 which lasted for 3 days. Couldnt walk stand up for 1 minute. A week ago i had a major flare up which leads me to ER and they did nothing but give me Dilaudid, which didnt work for me. I ended up going home together with the pain. The following morning i cannot stand up and pain is really intense. When i stand up there is like a huge stick stuck on my left leg. It's so painful so my husband has to take off from work because i coulndt take care of our 9 month old daughter. Since then i didnt get out of bed. I do my 1 and 2 here in bed with an adult diaper on. Its been 4 days. Now, i am taking dilaudid, amitriptiptyline and lyrica. But they say it takes a week for lyrica to kick in. Still hoping for pain relief. I wanted my life back. ;(
Microdiscectomy scheduled on May, 2013. With L5/S1 disc herniation. Scared but im going for it!
advertisement

Comments

• You need to get to your doctor. At the ER did they do any tests - X-ray, MRI, blood tests? If so, you should get them and take them to your doctor's. Doctors often send people to physical therapy before sending you for an MRI, but with your pain, maybe your insurance might cover it. Get this addressed. I hope you get some relief soon.

KarenD
    KarenD
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • I had mri last april 2012. It shows disc herniation on l1-s5. I had physio before because i had sciatic pain too but not too much like the one im experiencing now. I stopped physical therapy since the sciatic pain is manageable. But then i had relapse. When i went to er last week they didnt do anything, funny they only took my urine sample. Then i was sent home. It's crazy how they run er's here in montreal. Until now, i cannot reach my doctor. Still im bed ridden. Pain wasnt going away but a tiny bit better than yesterday. Good luck to me!

Microdiscectomy scheduled on May, 2013. With L5/S1 disc herniation. Scared but im going for it!
  • advertisement
  • So tomorrow i have an appt to see the pain doctor and get lesi. Im scared due to horror stories ive readon the internet. My husband is trying to make me calm but im stressed, and scared at the same time. The problem that i have now is how i will be able to get to The hospital because im in so much pain non of the meds works for me. I cannot walk sit and stand...thats my biggest problem. :(
  • So tomorrow i have an appt to see the pain doctor and get lesi. Im scared due to horror stories ive readon the internet. My husband is trying to make me calm but im stressed, and scared at the same time. The problem that i have now is how i will be able to get to The hospital because im in so much pain non of the meds works for me. I cannot walk sit and stand...thats my biggest problem. :(
advertisement