Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Post-Surgery Issues

I'm 20 years old and I recently had an L5-S1 laminotomy and discectomy. Since the day of the surgery, the leg pain has been so much more severe than it was before. It was awful before, but now it is just unbearable. I can't sit up, I can't fully extend it. I hear of all of these people who feel better right away and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I'm still on a walker and kind of just laying in bed all day. When I do get up, I try to walk a bit, but get extremely weak after 5 minutes or so. Does anyone have any information for me?
Lauren Davidson
advertisement

Comments

• Hi there, LaurenBrianne:

While I did not have the surgery you had, I wanted to ask if you have spoken to your surgeon about this and what his/her response was? Is s/he saying that this will diminish or have you not yet spoken with them about it?

If you haven't spoken with them, I would definitely encourage you to do so!

I wish you well. Don't worry, others will chime in soon!
    10/26/2012 ACDF C3/4 C4/5 surgery
    No pain; no pain meds - thank goodness!
    04/01/2013 - 5 months + 1 week - FUSED
    Doing some physical therapy for even better range of motion
  • I haven't spoken with him yet, but I see him in 3 days. I do plan to call him tomorrow because my medicine does not help! I'm in a ton of pain and this medicine isn't even making a dent.
    Lauren Davidson
  • advertisement
  • I am glad you are not waiting, LaurenBrianne.
    Please keep us posted once you speak with your surgeon. Maybe they will have you come in earlier.
    10/26/2012 ACDF C3/4 C4/5 surgery
    No pain; no pain meds - thank goodness!
    04/01/2013 - 5 months + 1 week - FUSED
    Doing some physical therapy for even better range of motion