Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Good news--and AARRGGHH!

I had my eight week checkup yesterday, and xrays confirmed that good fusion is starting. YAAAAYY!

They also took away the pull handle chairback brace, leaving me with only the waist belt pull handle portion. Another YAAAYY! At least now I can wear a real bra without the chairback making the hooks dig into my skin. And they are ramping up the PT; I will have my evaluation appointment at a nearby PT facility which has--get this--a pool and a hot tub. The neat thing about this PT facility is that once you are done with your course of PT you can continue to use the facilities as a gym, and have access to physical therapists for their advice in case you run into problems or want feedback on your progress.

The AARRGGHH part is, with all the good news yesterday, I FORGOT TO ASK THE NEUROSURGEON IF I CAN FINALLY TAKE A REAL BATH INSTEAD OF A SHOWER! (Kicks self repeatedly.) I put in a call to the office, but they are in surgery today.

The moral of this is: Write down any questions you have before your postop appointment. Whether you get good news or bad, you're likely to forget something like I did.

Guess I'll just skulk off to the shower for today. I don't want to risk anything until that fusion is as solid as a rock! Dummy! Grrrr!
I'm not a spinal diagnosis. I'm a human being with a spinal diagnosis.
advertisement