I had a L5-S1 microscopic lumbar discectomy on Feb 5 and am going in tomorrow to see my doctor for my post op appointment. So far I have these questions to ask him:
1. Okay to bend/twist/lift? If so, how many pounds is okay?
2. Okay to drive yet? (I only just started riding in a car as a passenger yesterday)
3. In his opinion, when would he advise I go back to work and should I start with half days?
4. How long is it okay to sit at one time?
5. When I do resume physical therapy (he said 4-6 weeks), is it okay for the therapist to press down hard on the lower back? (That's what my therapist did to reduce the sciatica symptoms and it worked but unfortunately just for the day he did it)
What am I missing? I appreciate your input, thanks!