Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Discitis/osteomyelitis?

advertisement

Comments

• You can waste a lot of time stressing about things that will never happen.
    I do know though, that once you are stressing about something, there is not an off switch!
    I think Keith has given some good advice, and keeping a list of your meds and who prescribed them is a brilliant idea.

I think the infectious disease doctor referral is normal, and Dan / pccstudent, who is also suffering with this infection had a similar referral.

Thank you for the lovely things you said about me Donna :-) That is a real encouragement, which has really picked me up after a difficult meeting at work on my return yesterday. :-)

I feel that I am pretty good as far as my recovery from the ACDF has gone. :-)

Now I hope that you will be able to rest, relax and let the antibiotics and your body do the healing. This is going to delay your recovery, but in the long run, hopefully you will get there.
    God bless and heal you! xxx :-)
  • mjw_46825mmjw_46825 Posts: 3
    edited 06/13/2013 - 6:50 AM
    Hi My name is Marla and I have the same exact thing you have:discitis/osteomyletis. Our MRI's are almost identical and I have an infectious disease dr too and had a lumbar biopsy-waiting 4-6 wks for the results. I also had lots of blood cultures, Sed Rate, CBC with Differental, and the lymphocytes are increased. Keep your spirit up and be encouraged this too shall pass. I am a new member and would love to hear your progress, Keep in touch. Hugs, Marla
    Marla Jo Eshleman Winner
  • advertisement