Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Researching SCS for Facet joint pain and DDD. Low back .

Hello,

I am a 45 year old male who has had 2 rounds of RFA treatments.
Both the testing blocks and the "burns" worked 100 %.
They even stop the pains in my legs :)

The down side is they wear off in a few months.
Between Insurance and testing and healing, I am looking for something more permanant.
I cannot keep my job ect if I am going to be home stoned on opiates for a few MONTHS a year.

I am wondering about others Exp with SCS and these types of pain.

Thanks for your time ...One Love
Jester in Ja's court :)
advertisement

Comments

• Hello?
  • I think we need more info, for example.. have you been to a neurosurgeon or orthosurgeon and if so what did they say? If not, I'd start there. Is this a pain management doctor recommending the SCS? I do not have one, but if you "search" the forum you will find TONS of info about these... lots of good stories actually, a few "just didn't work" stories and always the unfortunate "awful" story. So research and get as many and diverse medical opinions you can. I hope they find a more permanent solution for you! Keep us updated.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • advertisement
  • Oththo told me a few years back imaybe looking at a fusion, but that would be a lst resort. He sent me to the pain clinic where I have been quite happy!
    The SCS is being sugested by my pain clinic because the RFA's wear off so fast :(

I have a consult with the ortho to see if he wants another MRI or anything before they put it in and to get his take on the situation.

I have both DDD and ortho of the facet joints.

I am thinking this could be a "towfer" as I have both the gnawing pain in my facets and the nerve pains down my leg .
  • I think it is very wise to go back to the ortho and get that opinion. You'll have to let us know what he says, and what you decide to do.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • hello and welcome,
    I have a SCS and love it. I just wanted to tell you a trial won't hurt. I think it's for 72hrs. Then you can decide if it's for you.

Good Luck
  • advertisement
advertisement