Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Painful knee recovering from spinal fusion

advertisement

Comments

• Hi! First time posting,just found this sight and read your post.Interesting..... I just had a fusion t4 to sacrum with all the hardware. since I woke up my right knee is very off, it is numb, feels as large as a basketball though it is not. I do not have my normal gait and some muscle groups are not working properly. I had an EMG and was told there was irritation at L3 and L4. Your problem sounds similar, hard to explain isn't it. At this point I was told all the surgery. Irritated the nerve, which will be slow healing. There are a lot nerves around the knee. Ask your surgeon, good for you walking, be careful if it feels like it will go out.
  • BobbieBBobbie Posts: 4
    edited 05/13/2013 - 12:15 PM
    Hi! First time posting,just found this sight and read your post.Interesting..... I just had a fusion t4 to sacrum with all the hardware. since I woke up my right knee is very off, it is numb, feels as large as a basketball though it is not. I do not have my normal gait and some muscle groups are not working properly. I had an EMG and was told there was irritation at L3 and L4. Your problem sounds similar, hard to explain isn't it. At this point I was told all the surgery. Irritated the nerve, which will be slow healing. There are a lot nerves around the knee. Ask your surgeon, good for you walking, be careful if it feels like it will go out.
  • advertisement
  • Thanks for your post. My knee issues did not appear until about 3 weeks post surgery. My PT is pretty convinced it is overloaded due to change of gait, weak muscles etc. My fusion is L4/L5 and the nerves from that area controls, among others, the quadriceps muscles which handles the lifting of the kneecap. Poor muscle control, or nerve signals have probably made me overload the knee.

Still, we are not sure so I'm scheduled for a MRI of the knee in a couple of weeks just to rule out any other issues. There is a lot of things than can go wrong inside a knee and for all I know it could have been in poor condition to begin with, and the recovery after surgery was what made it give in.

Oystein
    Isthmic spondylolisthesis L4/L5 with collapsed disk and nerveroot compression. MIS TLIF lumbar fusion surgery February 2013.