Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Anybody know of CVS new Policy on not more than #90 Oxycodone

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,272
    Today has been the 10th consecutive time I has a refill of my oxycodone 5mg tablets with a count of 180. There has never been a problem, except if they are short in their supplies
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Yes several thousand norcos are missing from these stores. My store I use in southern CA lost between 50,000 and 76,000 norcos. A true inventory could not be decided. They just got off of two years of probation for this.
  • advertisement
  • TarenTTaren Posts: 524
    edited 04/11/2014 - 5:42 AM
    This isn't a good thing..Couldn't be many places that 50,000-76,000 Norco could have went. I bet there are some pharmacist and some techs, and maybe even some addicts a lil bit worried right about now. Crap like this just keeps the spotlight on anyone having to deal with chronic pain--just not right!!! Out with'em all!!
  • taren all of the drug abusers addicts and whatevers are messing this up for the people who use them legitimately and legally. even here there are post from some who admit that they take more that they were prescribed, go from doctor to doctor because they can't get narcotics and on and on. this has always happened and always will but with the social media, tv, and radio and famous actors and athletics admitting using them it will get worse and worse. i am afraid it will go back to the dark ages 40-50 years ago where it took an act of god to get narcotics. what gets to me are people who post on here admitting to abusing or doctor shopping and they are clueless as to why they can't get narcotics.this is why i get so worked up. people's desire to get high affecting those who use meds and they don't seem to care how it affects the people who use them and jump through all of the hoops in order to get them. i had to have so many tests and procedures and be refered to other doctors even before they let me have any. and then i got weaker ones until the doctors decided yes the doctors not me, decided to up my dose. in fact with my lollipops i voluntarely decided to reduce my dose. i feel it is a losing battle.
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • DogLover247DDogLover247 Posts: 27
    edited 10/26/2014 - 8:36 AM
    EDITED. The legit patient is scrutinized at doctor offices and pharmacies. I have the option of returning to pain management or having an ALIF 360 which in itself can be depilating and the cause for more surgeries. EDITED

Moderator Comments

Politicial comments are not allowed on Spine Health.
    Dogwalker
  • advertisement
  • I use Walgreens, and luckily have not had the need to fill that much ever, but this week, when I started to fill for pain meds (some norco and valium) I noted the signs up discussing specific new regulations on pain meds. Florida has had problems with pill mill physicians, so I am not too surprised that they are tightening up. I was frankly very surprised too when I hit the pain clinic... all of the medication agreements I had to sign....so I could get scheduled for a steroid injection!
  • Hi All,

It is so much easier here in Canada. When I read the U.S rules from State to State, it really makes my head spin. I can't believe just how strict they are there! Thank god for our Health Care system!
    Realize that FEAR is our worst enemy. Get up & get out in that stormy weather of the real world & kick fear in the teeth. Stare at it dead in the eyes & walk right through it into the storm; because once you're wet, you won’t fear the rain anymore
  • Same in England Doug! I just called my meds 'Pain Pills'. If you asked my Dad if he'd ever taken narcotics he'd say "No I've never done drugs!" but he's been on pain pills for decades. No contracts, no urine tests. I know! It's very different here in the USA. It's hard to wrap your head around.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • TerriPTTerriP Posts: 301
    edited 11/01/2014 - 2:45 PM
    EDITED My Pharmacist has to sell 80% of a non controlled substance in order to receive 2000 units or tablets of a controlled substance. I get my vitamins by prescription anything so she will be able to get what I need. 150 tab a month. You all living here have no idea how bad it is and for cancer patients also. It's
    cruel and inhumane. So many damn steroid injections I need a double hip replacement at 57 as I have 8 hern disc and they keep coming

Political discussions are not permitted on Spine Health. 5.18 Spine-health.com reserves the right to edit, monitor and/or delete comments at our discretion without notice.5.08 You agree not to engage in religious or political discussions. Posts regarding these subjects will be reviewed by the moderator team to determine if it can remain.

• Let me add... A lot really depends on geography & luck of the doc draw. I now have a great PM & pharmacist. They have never made me feel bad in anyway about the meds I take. My pharmacist once didn't have all my meds. She phoned me & had arranged for another (it's a chain) to fill it...even asked if I was able to collect it or needed help!
    I live in Texas & I'm on a lot more meds than in the title of this thread. I have a close friend in California who would say the same thing. She used to have a lot of problems with pharmacists before she found hers. She's on a lot of meds but she's recovering from her 3rd fusion... had both knees done & is waiting for hips. The arthritis club! Ugh!
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.