Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anybody know of CVS new Policy on not more than #90 Oxycodone

advertisement

Comments

• TerriPTTerriP Posts: 301
    edited 11/03/2014 - 1:17 PM
    AND If we dont start having a discussion about what the government is doing to us from state to state there will be no impetus for change or action. EDITED I get my my info from my pharmacist and my pain management doctor and the latest with the changes the dea. EDITEDCVS, Walgreens and 4 small ma and pop pharmacies told me about the DEA and the drug companies . It was the basis for this thread to begin with and the shortage at that time.
    EDITED

Post edited for inappropriate forum content. 5.18 Spine-health.com reserves the right to edit, monitor and/or delete comments at our discretion without notice.
  • for posting
  • advertisement
  • I live in Flordia too, I have had nothing but problems filling my pain medication rxs. I use to fill at Target for the past three years, never a problem. But my insurance says I cant go there anymore, Walgreens, CVS abd Waknart all just hand the rx back to me and tell me they dont have it and when I ask if they can order it they tell me no. I finally found a small pharmacy that will fill my rx's. I had a total knee replacement in August, imagine the worry of not being able to get pain medication filled after major surgery. I now have complications from that surgery, and have since had two other procedures and will be scheduling my third next month. Prior to this surgery I had a four level neck fusion and a one level back fusion. I know Florida has had a big problem with pain medicine getting in the wrong hands, but they have to provide a way for legitimate pain patients to get their pain medicine. Its simply not fair and down right cruel to make a person be in terrible post op pain and have to find a pharmacy that will fill their rx.
  • I went to seven pharmacies tonight to refill my prescription -- the same one I have been on for TWENTY years! And CVS has all those records. Each of the first six just said they were out of the hydrocodone. The seventh finally told me that since the law change on October 6th that changed the scheduling of the drug, they were not getting any from their distributors. If they don't want to engage in pain dispensing, be up front about it and let all of us go elsewhere. They won't admit that, because people like me will pull the other 9 scripts that I take every month and go elsewhere for everything. But guess what, that's what's happening, and all of you in FL should do it too! They do treat legitimate patients as criminals/suspect even if THEIR records show 20 years worth of monthly prescriptions. They also lied about the law change, saying they were prohibited by law to refill any refills on file. THAT IS FALSE. The DEA said that NEW prescriptions must be filled under the new law, but that additional refills could be filled up to May 2015. But CVS decided as a business policy to ignore this and lie to its patients/customers. So I lost three refills that should have been filled, but I could not transfer them anywhere because THAT would be a new prescription that fell under the new law. Lying all around.
    slpowers
  • CVS has quit selling hydrocodone as of Nov.1st thought the State of Florida after several problems with the DEA. The following is just one incident. 'The DEA revoked the controlled substance licenses of two CVS drugstores in Florida last September. In June, Walgreen reached a record $80 million settlement with the DEA" They have had problems in other parts of the Country too with employees stealing them. " The worker subsequently admitted to CVS managers that she had stolen more than 20,000 hydrocodone tablets, Glaudel said. The worker was arrested and charged with embezzlement, he said. It's unclear whether the stolen hydrocodone was recovered in the Rocklin case. Glaudel said DEA investigators went over records for other CVS stores in the area and found more than 16,000 hydrocodone tablets missing from the Turlock store, 11,000 from the Fairfield store and almost 5,000 each from the Modesto and Dixon stores.

I am a T-4 paraplegic with DDS, cracked T-4 &T-5, and severe arthritis in my shoulders from pushing a wheelchair 24 years. I take 4mg of Dilaudid 4 times a day and it just makes it tolerable. I was using CVS for the past 3 years and was cut off without notice. It took 11 days and 16 pharmacies before I found one willing to help and ordered my script. Good luck as it's just getting worse as they stopped writting scripts for Oxycontin and are switching them to the few other meds. that are even worth taking for chronic pain.--Dixie
  • advertisement
  • Hi.  I'm a 30-year pharmacist, 28 in retail.  It is a terrible job and you hit the nail on the head when you said the pharmacist would get the blame for the tech's stealing.  As for rules about quantity, pharmacists and corporate bosses are known to make up their own rules to be conservative and stay within the DEA and state laws.  If you read I have written four novels about this kind of stuff: the Davey Raynes novels, Prescription for Methadone.  Good luck.
  • I live in South Florida and fill (120) 15 mg IR oxycodone each month (it was 10/325 until 2 months ago, but the doctor changed my dose). About 6-8 months ago when I was switched from hydrocodone to oxycodone, CVS gave me an incredibly hard time and refused to fill it (not because of the quantity, but because of age discrimination), I went to 6 different ones, none of which would fill it for different "reasons." I  took my business to Publix and have been treated with the utmost respect and have not encountered a problem *knock on wood* Unfortunately, a lot of people in Florida have a hard time with CVS (and Walgreens from what I hear). 
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,771
    Never ran into that
    In fact, I just picked up my script for Oxycodone IR (240 count)
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.