Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

effects after my surgery

chronic pain update
hi just a follow up to the responses i had a few weeks ago. after derby royal hospital discharged me with just diazapam even tho i explained i had been told i had sciatica for several months and the new symtoms i was experiencing ie numbness in my groin and loss of availability for going to the toilet 5 days later i was rushed in to hospital again with and within an hour i had emergency surgery and had a L4/L5 discectomy and decompression causing Cauda Equina Syndrome. That was 3 weeks ago and still i am a jelly round my privates and rear wearing a nappy and caffata i still cant feel anything still dont know when iv done something the last few weeks have been the hardest iv ever thought i woud experience. i still get major pain now but not the left leg but in the right numbness from knee down can only wiggle my big toe just the left leg is better but agaun still numbness on my foot so very much unable to walk without aid and help. Not feeling the happiest of blokes at the minute been home a week but 2 week in hospital did my head in having trauma nurses unblock you manually with ennimas definately hurt physically and mentally after 3 days in a row. before surgery all i was tod was that it wouldnt make me in a worse situation but several months im expected before being even able to have an idea of how much a recovery ill make.
advertisement