Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

newly diagnosed with stenosis of lumbar spine I believe level five of the lumbar spine

Hi I have had back and leg pain for bout ten years, that recently got worse. I had an xray done. It showed a bulging disc. Dr asked me if symptoms caused me to lean over the shopping cart and I told her yes. I had physical therapy which did not get rid of the pain but helped at the time. Dr did an MRI and found bulging discs at each level,between 4 and five being the worse, which was causing the stenosis. I had been off two months from work with a another month to go, but I cant return to work. I was taking care of a patient who was wheelchair and bed bound, and could no longer even turn her to change her depends. She says I need to consult a surgen. But with no insurance and soon no income, that will be a while.
I moved during this time to live an hour away from doctor with my ex who was willing to support me until I get back on my feet. New town, soon to find clinic that is based on income, in flux right now. Waiting for the FMLA to run out, Boss said not to quit, but just wait. In the meantime- It would be nice to be seen at the pain clinic. It would be great to have something other than naproxen for pain. It would be nice to be introduced to a tens unit like physical therapy suggested. This is nothing against the doctor, she is also waiting it out. Before I get some kind of way to pay for all this. So I am signing up for disability, shortime disability runs out in three weeks. Lawyer said it could be until september, or later if they deny me. So what can I do in the meantime? In three weeks I will be signng up for ss too. Ex and son are on disability now, they cant afford to help, So is autistic and ex has the same condition as I and refuses treatment.
I try to do the back excersices and Ice the back, soak in the tub, going to join an aquatic center for the pool and hot tub.to hopefully get more excercise without walking or standing. Anything else? Will it get increasingly harder to walk?
also have the start of carpal tunnel. Which is a seperate issue. And the sciatica from the stenosis.
advertisement