Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Have I messed up?

I'm 11 weeks out from foraminotomy laminotomy surgery on both L4 and L5 nerve roots. I had a hard time of it for the first 3 weeks but then things improved rapidly. I've been back at work since the end of week three (light duty-desk work). Near the end of week 9 I was having a little pain mostly at night and an occasional pain pill would fix it. My big mistake came a week ago. I crawled on my riding mower and mowed for at least a couple of hours (I have a huge yard.) Ever since then many of my old pre-surgery symptoms have returned along with the need to regularly take pain meds. It has eased up over the last week except for the worst symptom which is pretty strong pain in my leg when I walk. This is the symptom that made me decide on surgery in the first place. Please tell me I have not messed up real bad! I am scared to death that I have really screwed things up put myself right back at square one. At 11-12 weeks should I not be better off than this? Has anyone else had setbacks like this this long after surgery and still been able to make a positive recovery?
advertisement