Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

RE: 7 weeks post-op microdiscectomy still in pain

Comments

• debjiddebji Posts: 28
    edited 05/21/2013 - 4:37 PM
    My microscopic lumbar discectomy was on Feb 5 and my lower back is STILL tender. I just tried to do the cobra pose slowly and wasn't able to even get to the full arch before I had to stop. Hopefully you can change physical therapists. :( I'm so sorry you are still in pain!
  • ben_indianabben_indiana Posts: 288
    edited 05/23/2013 - 3:16 AM
    Remember there is no reason to think of your PT any differently than you do your surgeon. They are just as important to long term recovery than any of your other docs! If you are not comfortable with them def find another. TThere is a real fine line between pushing through light pain & doing more damage. We have to be our own advocates! Due to setbacks & pain I ended up in PT for 14 weeks. Although I got tired of it I believe it was worth it. Hopefully you get the all-clear on the MRI & can continue your recovery!!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!
  • advertisement
  • Hey gang. I am relating toamylynn 75. Almost 3 wyyeeks. Post nice.pain still high taking meds cause they are necessary Thinking 4 more. Weeks. If no setbacks. I had 2 bad disks plus stenosis. Laminectomy also. My surgeon said the pressure on my spinal nerve. Waaaaa excessive. Makes me think I'll be on meds for a while. I don't. Like asking. For meds but I'm not suffering for no reason. My surgeon. Knows I don't. Get constipated.. I seem to be impervious. To my medication. I've had 5 surgeries. And procedures. In the last 13 years. I know. When to decrease. My dosage. And don't abuse. Them. . I too don't. Want. To b on meds too long or worry about getting. More. I just want to b out of pain and move on. My therapy. Is painful and medication is important. I think I have a good relationship with my surgeon. He respects what I know and say as I am in healthcare. Well good luck I hope that. A month from now I am off all medication and and am pain. Free. I don't want to feel uncomfortable about being in pain and asking for medication even though I believe he trusts. My judgment. Thx for listening to me whine. Lol:-)
    James rinaldi
  • Sharamiller123SSharamiller123 Posts: 1
    edited 09/23/2015 - 9:08 AM
    was your pain ever resolved? i am 3 months post microdisctomy surgery and still in sever pain. i have had 3 more steroid injections and continue to take lyrics but nothing seems to resolve my pain. i am looking for any suggestions.

welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    ~ spine-health moderator, savage
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.