Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Upcoming C5-7 ACDF Surgery

advertisement

Comments

• JNMLondonJJNMLondon Posts: 1
    edited 05/24/2013 - 12:40 PM
    Hi

I'm due to have either an ACDF or if necessary an anterior cervical Corpectomy and fusion in 3 weeks and I don't know what to expect.

Is post-operative pain terrible?
    Will it help to have a collar after surgery?
    I'm a 50 year old guy living in London England and freaking out

Would like to hear other people's experience. I don't what really to expect.

Thanks in advance

Jubin
  • Don't worry jubin. I had 4 level acdf, c3-c7, on April 22. I've been back to work for 2 weeks. Really could have gone back after only 2 weeks if I pushed it. My wife and mother made me stay home that third week. They were likely correct. ;-)

Pain was very tolerable. And the meds work well. I took them regularly for a week. A strong dose before bed.

My doctor did not have me wear a collar. In fact very few restrictions. Biggest thing was to avoid testing range of motion. Don't try and turn neck to extremes. Oh and no lifting anything heavy.

Just had my 1 month follow up and all is good. No roller coasters for a year, otherwise go live your life.
  • advertisement
  • KreevesKKreeves Posts: 5
    edited 05/30/2013 - 12:43 AM
    I am getting ready to head in for surgery... Nerves are a little jittery, but i know I will be feeling better very soon.
    ACDF C5-7: 5/30/13
  • TerryWTTerryW Posts: 1
    edited 07/12/2013 - 8:31 AM
    I just found out yesterday that I need to have C5-7 ACDF. Before yesterday I did not even know what ACDF was. I am a bit nervous, but can't wait to feel better! I'v been in pain too long. After reading some of your posts, I feel less nervous. Thank you all for posting some great post surgery suggestions. I am so happy to be part of this blog.
advertisement