Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Where did this come from?

I was doing a little bit of hamstring stretching before taking my dog for a walk this weekend and as I got up, everything got real fuzzy, was dizzy, and my lower legs got really numb. Tried waiting it out, but after an hour of the brain haze, finally had enough and took myself to the ER!
Prior to this event, I was having some lower back pain, but nothing out of the ordinary! It's pretty common daily feeling for my lower back to be a little tender, I have a bit of degenerative disc. Now, holy crap! I have been limping through work for the past few days, just trying to make it to my appt with the surgeon who did my neck fusion for an exam of that! The ER doc's were so helpful! :( As soon as I mentioned that I have an appt for this week with him, my care at the hospital was pretty much done! Gave me a shot of Tramadol in the arm and sent me on my way!
The pain is pain now is really intense in my lower back, I'd say a 7 or 8 and is running down the back of my left leg. My knee hurts like crazy and it stops right at the top of my calf muscle!
C-6/7 fused. Sever lumbar and cervical degeneration.
advertisement

Comments

• Well all of us lumbar herniation ppl understand the sciatica feeling in the leg, but the dizziness would be a big worry for me. I hope your appt is soon so you can get some answers.

Good Luck!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!
  • Do you mean toradol? Toradol is in the same class of meds like ibuprofen. I'm sorry it didn't give you any relief. Glad you have an appointment coming up. Hopefully they will be able to give you some answers. Sounds like something is pressing on a nerve. Usually there are treatments that can help that. Let us know what the doctor says.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • advertisement
  • Tramadol is used to treat moderate to severe pain...it is like Codeine.
  • I've taken tramadol before.... I just didn't realize you could get it in a shot... I'll file that bit of info in my brain in case in ever need it. Tramadol (low dose) doesn't make me loopy, a big plus in my book... so next time in the hospital needing quick pain relief, I'll see about requesting I it in a shot.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Must have been toradol, the nurse said that it was like a super Ibu! Anyhow, I did mention all this to my surgeon when I met with him to follow up on some of my neck issues. For some reason, he wasn't to concerned about it!?!?!? Figures the dizziness was from the pain. But, he didn't feel necessary to do any imaging yet. I can see that, make sure its not just a pulled muscle. But, 5 days later, I'm thinking it is more than a pulled muscle! The sciatica is still present, and the back pain is much worse! When I went in, they gave me some vicodin and that isn't even touching the pain! I have my first physical therapy appt. tomorrow, hoping that we can relieve some of the pain! But my body is telling me this is something major! I will do my therapy and rest with some ice and heat through the weekend and see how it goes!
  • advertisement
  • I was just rubbing on my back a little, and about where the pain seems to be in the spine, is extremely tender to the touch. Well, it just hurts like H$%L! Not sure if that is an indicator of anything specific, but, just thought I would add it.
    Thanks for the input everyone!
  • So... were you thinking I'd never heard of tramadol? I got confused and thought you were the original poster... so I'm assuming tramadol does not come in an iv/shot form?

MikeN, I hope you get some answers and some relief soon. Might want to make an appointment for a second opinion.
  • Lower back doesn't hurt non-stop, but I am getting a lot of sciatica pain down my right butt cheek, down the legs and into my outer region of my calf muscle! The surgeon that I have been seeing for my neck issues doesn't seem to concerned! I think it is time to move on to a different doc!
  • I agree.... I'd say any physician who didn't take my concerns seriously would no longer be my physician... but that's just me.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.