Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Post Op back pain

Hi everyone i am 22 years old and i had a L5/S1 microdiscectomy 4 months ago. i was dealing with constant bad sciatica down my right leg and i tried everything and nothing stoped my pain so i got a discectomy. the leg pain was instantly gone but i still occassionaly get some pain in my legs but i know its because the nerves are healing. But for the past month ive been having back pain and i didnt real have any before the surgery. Ive been doing physical therapy and the back pain went down a little bit but the pain just flared up again. Im pretty sure its just the back muscles healing i think because if i take a muscle relaxer it eases the pain. and i also think that the pain could just be from my back adjusting to the changes. has anyone had similiar sympoms and how long did it take for your back pain to settle down?
advertisement