Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

Back spasms..still

Hi, I posted a couple weeks ago that I am having really strong back spasms. I am 6 weeks post surgery, fusion with hardware at L 4/5, S 1. Posterior approach. Excellent neuro/ortho team I have used twice before with excellent results. In my 62 years, I have been very lucky to have never had back pain. All my spinal symptoms are referred down my arms when my cervical spine is involved, and this time down my right leg with my lumbar spine being involved. I basically have stenosis due to osteoarthritis, and nerves get impinged and cause numbness. My prior 2 surgeries were cervical fusions. One was an easy 1 level anterior fusion, and the second was very involved with a 7 hour procedure beginning with a posterior approach then they turned me and did the rest from the front. I had No muscle spasms with the cervical surgery and by 6 weeks post I was doing well. I would be doing so well right now with this lumbar surgery if these spasms had not started about 2 weeks ago. They hit me randomly, without warning and the one this morning actually bent me straight over. When it let up, I was able to stand up. I have never had a spasm in my life , other than an occasional "Charlie horse" so I am pretty much at a loss here and wonder if anyone else has experienced these so intensely and for how long after the surgery. They are knocking my self confidence to where I am afraid to move. The Skalaxin my doctor prescribed doesn't seem to do anything. Is there anyone who has experienced these post surgery?

advertisement