Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

BlueyedWolf- At a Loss what to do 2

advertisement

Comments

• Kiki48KKiki48 Posts: 196
    edited 05/27/2013 - 11:24 PM
    Edited

XXOO
    edited 05/28/2013 - 2:50 AM
    Edited
    XXOO
  • advertisement
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,660
    I left the 'I'm leaving' as I am here only to edit the inappropriate wording which could just fuel more problems to this thread, I left the comment so you could edited that out yourself if you wished.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
    edited 05/28/2013 - 2:51 AM
    Edited
    XXOO
  • kiki
    I hope you stay you have made some good post
    We need some post like yours.

Thanks
    Rick
  • advertisement
  • blueeyedwolf1977bblueeyedwolf1977 Posts: 55
    edited 05/28/2013 - 6:59 AM
    I appreciate your honesty, and the other people on this page also....yes, I understand the stereotypes that go along with my "appearance"...it is unfortunate, in todays society, but it happens all to frequently!! I am an intelligent young (although I FEEL old lol) woman, and when I get patronized, I know it!! (not here, with docs)...I have straight up told them how I feel about the way I am treated, and I can tell that they are trying to "read" me based on what they see....I told them that outside appearances do NOT mirror who I am....only what I look like!!
    I will not give up! I am a fighter (per say, after all, I am Irish lol) I WILL be seen for who I am and the daily struggles I face rather than what I appear to them as!!

Thank you all, and any info/comments/questions are welcomed! I appreciate it!!
    -Susan
  • blueeyedwolf1977bblueeyedwolf1977 Posts: 55
    edited 05/29/2013 - 5:26 AM
    I have,over the past few days, developed, .some new "joys"...

I received the shot on lower back-because of the sciatica on left side mostly (which hasn't gotten better, if anything, it's gotten worse) have now started cramping uncontrollably, my hand goes into this 'claw', (affecting mostly my two outer fingers-pinky and ring, but the whole hand is painful)- and my foot has these crampy spasms that I can't even start to describe...it's like all the toes go in different directions?!! I have marked decrease in strength and grasp in that hand, more so than before...both legs, but mostly my left almost goes out from under me. Shaky almost all the time, like I haven't eaten in awhile, and my back....THAT feels like someone is constantly kicking/stabbing/electrocuting me...from what I've read, other people have had these issues from the shot as well..? I definitely need to find another doctor...there just aren't many options here.....I really am at a loss...
    -Susan
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,269
    edited 05/29/2013 - 1:38 PM
    your doctor Blue...........while it is normal to have some increase in pain for the first few days post injections it is not normal for the other things that you are describing to be occurring. Your doctor needs to advise you at this point.. The lack of appetite is usuallly the opposite after a steroid injection, most people get really hungry.
    Sandi
  • I have decided, that because NO ONE wants to listen to me.....I am contacting the hospital, in Portland ,ME that has specialized neurosurgeons....at the Spinal Center....to get the microdiscotomy (sp?)...I cannot deal with the idiocy and "try this and that".....but won't HELP me!!! The doctors around here aren't trained to deal with specialized issues...only giving vaccines, colds, simple things.....I am a mother that can;t even get out of bed sometimes and that isn't acceptable..
    -Susan
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,269
    edited 06/02/2013 - 4:10 AM
    Blue,
    I hope that going to see another doctor at a major hospital brings you better results. Unfortunately, sometimes, we all need to do that just to find the right treatment with the right type of doctor.
    I hope that you get the answers you seek. I wrote a thread called getting treatment for Chronic Back pain that kind of gives an overview of the steps that happen when you have chronic back pain. It is in the Chronic Pain forum and also in the forum FAQ section under medical .
    Sandi
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.