Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm here again

Comments

• NJDanNNJDan Posts: 31
    edited 12/08/2013 - 11:54 AM
    Vin, I hope everything works out. I hope you get out of pain and that you make the right decision for yourself
  • I had a 5 level posterior on nov11th C3-T1...feeling pretty good I see. My surgeon turns dec 10th for my 1 month post op
    Cervical 360 ACDF C6/7-C7T1 Posterior fusion with hardware C3-T1 11/11/13
  • advertisement
  • a 5 l3vel wow I had c3 to c7 and I am still in physical therapy, Mine was on June 25th wore collar or 3 months and have been in physical therapy since came off. Are you in a collar?
    Vicki
  • VinGVVinG Posts: 56
    edited 05/22/2014 - 9:05 AM
    Well, I had the surgery on December 10 so now I am fused from C3 all the way down to T1.

You would not believe what I've been through, however. Three weeks before my surgery, I fell getting out of bed into my wheelchair and fractured both knees. My right knee was just the patella, but my left knee was the patella, the femur, and the fibula. They were non-displaced fractures, so I had to wear casts on both legs from my hips to my toes for three months, with no surgery. I did go through with my neck surgery, however. Two days before my surgery, my father passed away after a long illness. My sisters insisted that I go through with the surgery, and we put off the memorial service until January. Today, I had an appointment with my pain management doctor. I'm starting to wean off of my 1800 mg Gabapentin, and then the narcotics.

Hopefully, soon, I will be back to my normal self.
    - Vin

3 level ACDF, c3/4, c5/6/7 in May 2012
  • That's still my biggest fear from my 4 level last June. Wishing you the best VinG
    Vicki
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.