Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

So Mad! Cigna denied my SCS!

advertisement

Comments

• read my description of my experience with the scs and you might decide you were lucky to have this denied. so many things can go wrong and with all the pain you feel now, it really can get worse. I am in much more pain since implanting and with 5 surgeries later to get the stimulator working in 4 months (last one yesterday) and one more major surgery needed, I probably would not have opted to get the implant. I understand the desperation to relieve pain, but when these implants don't work, the resulting scar tissue can make your initial pain even worse than it is now if you can phathom that. Turns out that implant failure is not so much a rare thing, but now I'm being told it is quite normal.

I started a topic in this forum called "a cautionary tale to potential scs patients" which explains why I'm at this point. I whish I had done more net surfing of forums like this before electing to have the implant. I researched the technology but avoided reading peoples stories thinking only upset patients wrote. Turns out almost half of patients with these complain.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.