Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

in pain & confuses

Hello Everyone, I'm new to having chronic pain. I was injured last December & have been in pain every since . The doctors I've been seeing are workmen comp.docs & do not believe I'm in pain. However, they have me on light duty restrictions- no bending, twisting or lovelbs. n my cervical spine, I have a central annular tear @ C4-5 & abulging disc that contacts the.cord with edema @ C5-6 & in lumbar area, L4-5 bulging disc & L5-S1 that displaces S1 nerve. I also have osteophytes present in both areas. I.have numbess, tingling & seems like electrical.shocks in both arms, legs & groin area. I'm slowly losing strength in my arms & legs yet none of.this concerns them. The doc even stopped prescribing tramadol cause they dont feel its nerve pain. No other doctor will do.anything because its a.workmen comp.case so I have been reduced.to. suffering with only OTC meds which does not nothing to help. Is this normal to dismiss the patient's symptoms? My family has gotten together to get into see a internal med Dr to see if he can do anything to increase my quality of life. I don't want to be burden financial or physically to my family. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated?


  • Were you hurt at work? If so, it might be time to get a lawyer... I don't like to always "jump" to lawyers... but sometimes... that is what it takes, they do have contacts of physicians that will take you seriously. If you weren't hurt at work, or there was no "injury" filed, then I think you are doing the right thing by trying to find another PCP that can help you. Don't stop seeking treatment... I think some people get frustrated, depressed, and "settle' in that form of life... keep hope, there ARE medical staff out there that WANT to help improve your quality of life... you just have to search them down sometimes. Best of luck to you! Keep searching!
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Yes, I have contacted a lawyer, but it has done any good. Lawyer isn't a doctor & doctors I'm using are not putting every thing bout my injuries in my report.
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.